OBAMA'S new stance on Gitmo

2»

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

it always amazes me to meet lawyers who haven't even grasped the basics of logic.

Corporate lawyers are different from the jailhouse lawyers you've probably spoken to.

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts

it always amazes me to meet lawyers who haven't even grasped the basics of logic.

Corporate lawyers are different from the jailhouse lawyers you've probably spoken to.

that was your big comeback? try harder saba- you need to be a bit better on your feet if you want to be a real lawyer.

still waiting....

that was your big comeback? try harder saba- you need to be a bit better on your feet if you want to be a real lawyer.

Okay. The funniest part about this, is that you originally just wrote "try harder saba" and THEN you had to go back and edit it to tell ME that I had to be "better on [MY] feet."

well, i wanted to clarify it for you because you seem to get confused so easily.

There, It's Arrived!

Okay. The funniest part about this, is that you originally just wrote "try harder saba" and THEN you had to go back and edit it to tell ME that I had to be "better on [MY] feet."

well, i wanted to clarify it for you because you seem to get confused so easily.

That sounds like the kind of excuse Nancy Pelosi would give.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    This thread makes me sick.

This is a great thread to learn the difference between "stance" and "policy".

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    Oddly enough, I'm surprised Saba doesn't see some of this stuff as torture. Since according to him, getting "paid a stipend of $75,000 to sit in a holding pattern for a year" is hell on earth.

I'm going to use my time to volunteer writing amicus briefs for the upcoming Bush Administration warcrimes tribunals.

dershowitz, don't you have to pass the bar first?

Oddly enough, I'm surprised Saba doesn't see some of this stuff as torture. Since according to him, getting "paid a stipend of $75,000 to sit in a holding pattern for a year" is hell on earth.

I'm going to use my time to volunteer writing amicus briefs for the upcoming Bush Administration warcrimes tribunals.

dershowitz, don't you have to pass the bar first?

You'll like this one: I'm doing the Barbri torts practice.

First sentence of a torts question: "A hunter constructed an outfit which made him appear, from the waist up, to be a 16-point buck."

You know this isn't going to end well.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    good luck on the bar. unless your not working it will be an easy summer and an anxious fall. if you think you failed, you passed. i knew one guy that failed and he was the only dude smiling after the exam.

• CIA proposed some techniques. Justice department reviewed them and found them legal. GAME OVAH

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    CIA proposed some techniques. the newly staffed by Dick Cheney, who got rid of some possible roadblocks and appointed some ultra right wing yes men in the decision making positions [/b] Justice department reviewed them and found them questionable, so Dick "persuaded" them to approve them. GAME BEING PLAYED COMPLETELY UNFAIR AND SINISTER[/b]