URB N-X-E-T 100

grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
urb just started sending us a subscription for some reason. i dont think ive looked at one since ive been down here. it made me feel old cuz i have no idea who any of the next 100 hot new slammin artists are. in fact im curious as to whether this is some sort of inside joke and its all just a bunch of their friends posing as musicians and djs and such. ok, i was bored today.

Comments

• My old band was chosen for "the next 100" last year. Shows what kind of foresight they have because the group broke up shortly there after.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    you can find a lot of them over at hollerboard

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    in fact im curious as to whether this is some sort of inside joke and its all just a bunch of their friends posing as musicians and djs and such.

Dude on the left is Spike Jonz brother if that means anything. Not saying, but saying.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Holler at the dude Oliver--isn't he their rap editor and all-around guiding visionary?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    im not sure, cuz i didnt read it that thoroughly, but i dont think that mag has anything to do with rap anymore.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I was in it for 2002. I was in there with D-Styles, Dabrye, and RJD2, so I feel kind of good about that.

I don't know if I've seen an URB since I bought that issue.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Holler at the dude Oliver--isn't he their rap editor and all-around guiding visionary?

I haven't worked for URB since the early '00s. Glad they're still around - they've outlasted a lot of other similar mags and I admire that kind of tenacity even if I don't mesh with them musically anymore.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Yeah I was in it in like maybe 2006 I think... a good 13 years after I started my career and 9 years after I released my first record.

• 4YearGraduate4YearGraduate 2,945 Posts
    People Under The Stairs

MARCH 1999 Next 100

w/ planet asia, afu ra, slum village, brother question