edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Girlfriends TV Show.

Comments

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    the apple.
    or any campy musical made in the 70s/early 80s

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Asha Puthli's in that flick.

Nevermind - I totally misspoke. I feel like there's someone else of note in that film though you wouldn't expect.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    really? what scene?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Girlfriends TV Show.

I own the first 3 seasons on DVD.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

Girlfriends TV Show.

I own the first 6 seasons on DVD.

Shalamar is not on the DVD version

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Come on, man. It's ME. You know how I get down...

oh no doubt.....

who's ur fav sista?

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

oh no doubt.....

who's ur fav sista?

That's tough... definitley NOT toni cause she gets on my nerves. Maya I think can get it so could Lynn. Joan reminds me too much of my mom haha.

oh no doubt.....

who's ur fav sista?

That's tough... definitley NOT toni cause she gets on my nerves. Maya I think can get it so could Lynn. Joan reminds me too much of my mom haha.

Toni's body is classic w/ the DSLs that are killin it.
    Lynn has that Lisa Bonet steez and a booty for days.
    Maya has that swagger w/ the Quasi-Asian steez.
    Joan is tall,curly, w/ that Long Booty.

uumm..this is some good ass shit

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Joan's the best-dressed but too high-maintenance
    Maya is the only one I could hang with
    Lynn is like the oldest closest friend you got but don't ever want to hang with
    and Toni I wouldn't touch with a 10-ft pole

Joan's the best-dressed but too high-maintenance
    Maya is the only one I could hang with
    Lynn is like the oldest closest friend you got but don't ever want to hang with
    and Toni I wouldn't touch with a 10-ft pole

Which one would you want your daughter to be like?

lol - I'm watching the show for clothes and hair, not a window into my soul!

(Maya I guess)

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Girlfriends TV Show.

I was on the bus on the way home the other night and this Black dude was going off on a tirade about this show and telling this nice older Black woman sitting next to him that she should not watch the show. Dude said "How this supposed to be a black show when the executive producer is Kelsey Grammer! The Frasier dude is making all the money from the show. The White man is still running Hollywood! My man was heated. He started telling every Black person on the bus not to watch or support the show.

I was on the bus on the way home the other night and this Black dude was going off on a tirade about this show and telling this nice older Black woman sitting next to him that she should not watch the show. Dude said "How this supposed to be a Black show when the executive producer is Kelsey Grammer! The Frasier dude is making all the money from the show. The White man is still running Hollywood! My man was heated. He started telling every Black person on the bus not to watch or support the show.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    I was on the bus on the way home the other night and this Black dude was going off on a tirade about this show and telling this nice older Black woman sitting next to him that she should not watch the show. Dude said "How this supposed to be a black show when the executive producer is Kelsey Grammer! The Frasier dude is making all the money from the show. The White man is still running Hollywood! My man was heated. He started telling every Black person on the bus not to watch or support the show.

How can you "support" a show that isn't even on the air anymore?

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

Girlfriends TV Show.

I've watched a whole bunch of the series thanks to the woman at home.

It's funny how a show can be interesting yet I find most of the characters completely obnoxious.

Toni - yuck, obnoxious
    Maya - Retarded, obnoxious
    Lynn - Deadbeat
    Joan - Ok but her underlying insecurity is eh

And I know that's the way the characters are meant to be but you almost want to be like "ALL OF YOU SHUT THE F*ck UP"

I personally like whatshisface the best.

Oh and why do people think Joan/Tracy Ellis Ross is hot?

Her eyes are scary, like they're going to fall out of her head.

lmho - somewhere Man is writing/saying these exact words
    The double-whammy of Girlfriends and The Game nearly killed him, even from the next room.

The double-whammy of Girlfriends and The Game nearly killed him, even from the next room.

The Game... she got me watching the first season... well, into the second season of that.

Retarded retarded retarded, but for some reason I always get sucked in.

If I was a black woman I would find the headstrong-idiot roles like the Mother on The Game insulting.

• verb606verb606 2,518 Posts

Nothing guilty about that. That cut is a heater. I'll ride for it straight up.

The Game... she got me watching the first season... well, into the second season of that.

Retarded retarded retarded, but for some reason I always get sucked in.

If I was a black woman I would find the headstrong-idiot roles like the Mother on The Game insulting.

Though when the one that kinda looks like a guy was trying to mess with her ex'es new pregnant gal, the Mother did give her a good dressing down about why is she trying to bury another woman; the whole women should stick together talk. Or maybe it was the hot blond who gave that talk. I do know they were wearing bathing suits in the scene.
    Anyway.
    I don't have cable and for a while I was just happy to see anything with some variety in the casting, but both shows became unwatchable fast.

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

I watched a whole bunch of episodes of Girlfriends in 2002 or 2003 or something like that -- when it was on right after Eve. Not a terrible show, but it was no Eve.

If Eve were released on DVD, I would surely own it.

I watched a whole bunch of episodes of Girlfriends in 2002 or 2003 or something like that -- when it was on right after Eve. Not a terrible show, but it was no Eve.

If Eve were released on DVD, I would surely own it.

Eve was terrible.

I watch The Game here and there only for Brittany Daniels.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    i have a thing for bug-eyed chixx like joan

i have a thing for bug-eyed chixx like joan