90s hip hop (12"R)

chasechase 767 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Going though a bunch of boxes I just brought down from storage in NY, started getting all sentimental. I was around 15 when this stuff came out, soundtrack to my life.please add

Comments

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    beautiful photo. Some of the very first records I bought are in that photo. So many great record shops in Brooklyn when I was 14 years old. Reminds me of having one technics 1200 and one gemini bd20 cause I could not afford two 1200's. taking the bus with 20 bucks and only being able to buy 4 records every week. sometimes walking back home cause I spend my last dime on vinyl rather than tokens. well worth it.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Ha! You'd think someone would be interested in downloading over 400 of the best hip hop singles of the '90s, but I guess y'all just don't like hip hop.

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    I downloaded all of them, thank you very much.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    im at work and the site is blocked - what bit rate we talking here??

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    the rates are all over the place

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yeah, most of it isn't play-out quality, but it's nice to have them all in one place for teh iPod, etc. They came from this blog, which also has 1979-1989, if you're interested.

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    holy fuckshit. I know what I'm doing when I get home

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    3 Lootpack tracks in the best rap singles of '98? How do people feel about that? And 3 Dilated Peoples?

I feel like my Lootpack and DP records should have gone for more on ebay last week.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    3 Lootpack tracks in the best rap singles of '98? How do people feel about that? And 3 Dilated Peoples?

I feel like my Lootpack and DP records should have gone for more on ebay last week.
    nowadays you gots to have that indie rap raer to make money on ebay

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

nowadays you gots to have that indie rap raer to make money on ebay

interestingly enough, my Latryx and Lateef records made up for the disappointment

• Going though a bunch of boxes I just brought down from storage in NY, started getting all sentimental. I was around 15 when this stuff came out, soundtrack to my life.

please add

damn, i'm getting sentimental, too...

even if i don't listen too the stuff a lot anymore i still reminisce about the good old days. i think i do have every singel 12" on the picture.
    this was the time when you could go through the new-arrivals hip hop section and couldn't go wrong at all. nowadays you have got to do quite some work to find good hip hop.

• drumsdrums 83 Posts
    interestingly enough, my Latryx and Lateef records made up for the disappointment

Which records? How much did it go for?