Favorite Beer?

Funky_McVayFunky_McVay 121 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I really like beer, and am always looking for new ones to try. Favorites on the strut?Right now I'm digging:Bridgeport IPAFuller's ESB

Comments

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    pronounced

yin-ling. drinking this next week. i'll be on the east coast aug 2-8.

• wonkawonka 84 Posts
    Bells Oberon

Red Seal

Fat Tire

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    to me newcastle is the coca cola of beers

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    pronounced

yin-ling. drinking this next week. i'll be on the east coast aug 2-8.

BEST
    BEER
    EVAR

you be in NYC Tom? holllllarrrrr

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

of course budget and geography, recently have made me head for the mountains...

• the perfect beer for summer!

• strikeskistrikeski 95 Posts

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    a recent favorite:

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts

allez strikeski, thats some serious beer.

• strikeskistrikeski 95 Posts
    this one is worse, like 12%

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I had some tasty beer in Canada (not that Labatt shit, either)...I was particularly impressed with the Denison's Weissbier.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

Local Brew

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

Also for those who like Fullers and Newcastle try mixing them half and half that shit is great.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts

CROWN LARGER

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

All day erryday...

I also mess with Beamish and Modelo Especial...

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

huge co-sign

just came back from the midwest and i drank nothing but Oberons. i miss michigan.

• bobbydeebobbydee 849 Posts
    me i love

its kinda watery but thats part of why i love it

• MassiveMassive 194 Posts
    Asahi Super Dry.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Cant go wrong with the Asahi big can.

But when it starts getting colder, look out for some of this stuff:

I was gonna just say it tastes like bacon, but the experts have some ish of their own to say.

"The nose of this Bavarian lager is ... well, smoky. Almost like a kipper, or an applewood smoked cheese. There are hints of liquorice and perhaps some dark chocolate. While a little strange, it is by no means unpleasant. In the mouth, the smokiness develops into rounded malt, with some dark fruit, chocolate bitterness and hop acidity. There are probably a plethora of flavours present, though it is difficult to isolate them from the incredibly powerful smokiness."

"To me, this is a very intimidating beer. It has a generous, almost creamy, light brown head. When unsure of consumption vessel, and not possessing the proper glassware, I say use a Duvel goblet. Sniffing says, beef jerky. I'm assuming this is the result of smoking the mash over Beechwood. I'm a beef jerky fiend so this beer is right up my alley. When I drink it, the beef jerky becomes less evident and the perfectly balanced taste of hops and malt takes over."

"Whether you can handle it or not as a drink, I suggest you'd try it for cooking salmon in a tin foil pouch. Outline: line a dish with a single large piece of tin foil, lay the salmon bits on a bed of roughly chopped onions and lemon slices, add some sprigs of fresh dill on the fish, but NO SALT YET. Pour the beer on top and seal the foil into a pouch. Leave to marinate for an hour or two, cook in a moderate oven (180??C) for 30 minutes, open the pouch, add a sprinkle of salt"

• WORD THE FUCK UP.

I'm don't know much about beer but when I want some "heat" I'll always cop a Chimay. Anybody recomend something that's similar that a Spellbinder would like?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    I'm not very adventurous with beer, but could someone recommend something similar to Newcastle?

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I'm not very adventurous with beer, but could someone recommend something similar to Newcastle?

Negra Modelo

• tacate and modelo in cans only ( serious )

• Hey dudes, I drink beer too. And when I do it's this:

Best beer in Japan.
    Perhaps there are other headzu who know the dearu.

• AserAser 2,351 Posts

not sure if you can find it, but give this a shot

http://www.wychwood.co.uk/wychwood_hobgoblin.htm

lately I've been drinking a lot of leffe (blonde & dark) + this...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Good web site for people that want to know more about beer in general is
    www.realbeer.com. You can find out about all kinds of crazy shit.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts