Farah Fawcett Appreciate Post

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
I was never a big fan, but shorty was the shit back in the day.After she "fell off", The Burning Bed TV Movie was good shit.The Charlie's Angels' Skake Board episode = dumb classicI have acouple of old S.W.A.T./Starksy & Hutch jokers she appears in before she blew up.B-Level American Icon. She's on her way out.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    More Farrah "before she blew up" (and before she was blonde)...The Dating Game, 1969:

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    She had to get rid of that Texas twang, but would fully embrace it when she had to go undercover in Charlie's Angels.

I kinda like her as a brunette...

I've always wondered if she brought the feathered hair steez to the masses or were woman already doin it?

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    More Farrah "before she blew up" (and before she was blonde)...The Dating Game, 1969:

Bachelor number three was a stunt coordinator on a bunch of biker and blaxploitation movies.

I've always wondered if she brought the feathered hair steez to the masses or were woman already doin it?

im thinking she started it, because i cant think of any other examples pre-Charlie's Angels

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts

im thinking she started it, because i cant think of any other examples pre-Charlie's Angels

Having lived through the feathered era (and occasionally sporting that look myself,
    in a teenage male way) I can tell you that she didn't start it, but she was the poster child for it.

Having lived through the feathered era (and occasionally sporting that look myself,
    in a teenage male way) I can tell you that she didn't start it, but she was the poster child for it.

I figured it started in the "streets" and was copped by more upscale salons.

no ayo

VS.

VS.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    Her current nose job is terrible.

• AKallDayAKallDay 830 Posts
    RIP

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    that poster, the hairdo, and the 50+ year old eraser nipples in Playboy: a far bigger legacy than most.

the freaky appearances on letterman were good too.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    RIP

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    RIP

anal cancer. ouch.

I think Mick Jagger started it.

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    RIP. Your poster in the 70s changed my life.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    RIP

anal cancer. ouch.

Right? You'd think out of respect for her dignity they could just say "cancer", or at least reserve the word "anal" for the very bottom [no pun intended] of the article.

RIP

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    RIP

anal cancer. ouch.

Right? You'd think out of respect for her dignity they could just say "cancer", or at least reserve the word "anal" for the very bottom [no pun intended] of the article.

RIP

i thought the same thing.

RIP

RIP

anal cancer. ouch.

RIP

i thought the same thing.

RIP
    1) Act like Bevis and Butthead
    or
    2) Be adults and talk honestly about an important health issue.

gender equality among cause of death publicity
    thinking of d.Carradine

I hear you both. But I actually remember hearing the more lurid details of David Carridine's death a day or two after he died.

And I'm not here snickering over the word "anal" and I don't believe that her cause of death should be hidden from the public. I just think that the intro to her death announcement on the front page of CNN should be more about her and that the details of her cause of death should be reserved for the full text of the article.

She was a hairdo and a poster pin-up. Let's not get carried away...

was her anus visible in that Playboy? If so: fair game 100% 2 the max

Ha ha. I'm guessing that her anus wasn't visible but, yeah, that does offer some perspective.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

1) Act like Bevis and Butthead
    or
    2) Be adults and talk honestly about an important health issue.

Easy now PC Policeguy, im just saying that maybe the woman's death notice need not have included such details because no doubt some idiots will snigger. 'anal' is not a word i expected to read on the BBC website.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    She was a hairdo and a poster pin-up.

Nah dude. Charlie's Angels was big stuff.

BBC needs to loosen up then.

stuffy_brittz gotta just relax and breathe, it won't hurt a bit. SC congressman style will be gentle with the Argentine Method of modern love

i got soulstrut on the brain

fgfj

big, goofy, in-it-because-she-was-hott stuff...

big, goofy, in-it-because-she-was-hott stuff...

What?? Are you questioning Farrah's acting game?

Never that.

Check The Burning Bed for acting skills.

I remember Burning Bed being mega... But, it was a TV movie, and the only TV movie I'm going to revisit is "V." And maybe "The Day After," LOL

I'm sure she's great in her TV movie, but she'll be remembered for The Poster and The Hairdo. Late career revival attempt as wackjob may be a sidenote... and they'll conveniently avoid her nipples, which sucks.

I remember Burning Bed being mega... But, it was a TV movie, and the only TV movie I'm going to revisit is "V." And maybe "The Day After," LOL

I'm sure she's great in her TV movie, but she'll be remembered for The Poster and The Hairdo. Late career revival attempt as wackjob may be a sidenote... and they'll conveniently avoid her nipples, which sucks.

BIG