graemlins

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
what graemlins would you like to see? and with what sayings?I wouldn't mind a Biz Markie graemlin. Or a Flavor Flav one that says boing! Perhaps a Too Short graemlin that says beeeeiiiitttcchhhhhh.Love the Ms Damn one and the Wizard rock one is dope.I could do with out Lil John probabaly and this one would be better if he was sayin "sayin though" or "Leo Sayin" Maybe an ayo or a no homo one.What else? Any ideas?

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I made a crazypoprock no homo one once. dunno what happened to it. Needless to say, it was not "optioned".

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    yo i was just thinking about this the other day, like maybe it's time for another Graemlin renaissance? i loved so many in the first thread - there were so many good ones in there that didn't make the cut like the kraftwerk one and the wizard rock one

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

• edubedub 715 Posts
    this one never caught on either:

...or this one:

I also think would be better if it said sayin'[/b].... at least more people would prolly feel comfortable using it.

------- my *most significant* contribution to Soulstrut[color:white] Pay me! [/color]

• edubedub 715 Posts
    Graemlin renaissance?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    sweet, I forgot about the kraftwerk ones! uber crucial indeed.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    this one never caught on either:

...or this one:

these are the best!!!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    a Too Short graemlin that says beeeeiiiitttcchhhhhh.
    ...for president. everyone says AAAYYYOO! but i still don't know what that means. must be regional.

• edubedub 715 Posts
    I dunno who this guy is, but I made it from that image that A.I. posted in every thread one night...

flip?... that's what I named it

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I dunno who this guy is, but I made it from that image that A.I. posted in every thread one night...

flip?... that's what I named it

Isn't that Peedi Crakk?

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Sarcasam. Fecetiousness. Fucking kidding, A*am, don't get your panties in a bunch.

Let's see these.

• coselmedcoselmed 1,114 Posts
    I would like to see some interpretations of "record nerd."

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

'Cept I don't know how to make the letters clearer.

• Maybe if the bubble was wider? The letters seem squished. also They seem bolder than they need to be.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,085 Posts
    Who ever coined the phrase 'Wizard Rock', I think it was hcrink, is a genius. Wizard rock is the perfect way to describe that Black Sabbath-like, psychedelic Harry Potter goblins and magic potions shit

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Maybe if the bubble was wider? The letters seem squished. also They seem bolder than they need to be.

• i nominate my

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    i nominate my

I second that.

• bring back the holy pakora graemlin!

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    i nominate my

I'll sloppily third it.

I ain't gonna front, i don't like records or music, i just joined this site to appreciate TheMack

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

I ain't gonna front, i don't like records or music, i just joined this site to appreciate TheMack

That's not bad. How do you make these things?

h

Haz, i just made it up right now. i never thought of the method to do it and though it would be an interesting photoshop thing to learn. so what i did was just get the face, then apply the mezotint filter.
    then it requires you to pencil in as pixels to average between the pic and what an icon will turn out like. then you paste a layer on top and adjust the channel setting. its like 20 seconds, and hilarious, i've just been introduced to a whole new world of pixel people. i dont know what it is about this site. the last thing i learned how to do here was impose pictures of cartoon like pics over upside down pop culture figures. i never did that sheit before outside this site and still haven't. strange vibes i get from this place.

• edubedub 715 Posts

It's a good start, but The_Mack's face should probably be 50% smaller... the art of graemlins is the make all that goodness fit in a small space.

You should also make the background transparent. [color:white] DESERT STYLE WHAT??!!![/color]

-you might not know it, if you have the white page on your browser, but your background is white.

BTW, where's the argyle sweater???!

It's a good start, but The_Mack's face should probably be 50% smaller... the art of graemlins is the make all that goodness fit in a small space.

You should also make the background transparent. [color:white] DESERT STYLE WHAT??!!![/color]

-you might not know it, if you have the white page on your browser, but your background is white.

actually all good points, i never considered those things, i'l check it!

Also where's his doorag and Cal Green and Schooly D records in his hand?

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    While we are at The_Mack graemlim, someone could make one using his most famous quote: "This record sucks".

Peace

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    While we are at The_Mack graemlim, someone could make one using his most famous quote: "This record sucks is straight doo-doo, man".

Or how bout "yo lemme holler at that son".