DJ Spinbad 90s Megamix

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Wow:http://djsoulnyc.blogspot.com/2009/04/spinbads-90s-megamix.htmlI loved his 80s megamixes--especially the second one--and while I appreciate how thorough and fearless he is here, this one has too many cringer moments for me to give it repeat listens. Still, I found myself laughing more than once.[Now, if I may pick nits with one of my favorite DJs: some of the blends don't really work.]

Comments

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

i wish there were more djs who did this kind of thing. not feelin' the song selection for 85% of this mix...but i still enjoyed listening to it for the creativity & skills.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

i wish there were more djs who did this kind of thing. not feelin' the song selection for 85% of this mix...but i still enjoyed listening to it for the creativity & skills.

Yeah. My homie played this for me last week, saying, "You're gonna hate everything on it, but you'll appreciate how he rocks it." He was right. I hated the song selection, but the point was less the songs themselves than how he used them.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

i wish there were more djs who did this kind of thing.

really? I'd like to just keep it at "spinbad does the 80s mixes, ztrip* plays rap acapellas over rock beats, and jrocc rips JB doubles."

Maybe The Comissioner would also agree to limit the number of dudes who yell over and over too...

*actually, if we could get someone other than ztrip, that'd be great.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

i wish there were more djs who did this kind of thing.

really? I'd like to just keep it at "spinbad does the 80s mixes, ztrip* plays rap acapellas over rock beats, and jrocc rips JB doubles."

i meant more djs who creatively plan out a mix and can successfully incorporate turntablism. neil armstrong has nailed this formula as well.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Yeah, the intro alone is worth the download.

Also, I'm waiting for the Asshurt Brigade to show up and complain about the exclusion of "DWYCK" on this mix.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Love the Neil Armstrong mixes.

The Spinbad ones though should only really be listened to when very drunk.

• meistromocomeistromoco 953 Posts
    chumbawumba>spin doctors> 3rd Eye Blind. That's as far as I got.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts

i meant more djs who creatively plan out a mix and can successfully incorporate turntablism. neil armstrong has nailed this formula as well.

point tookt.
    scratch deejays are kind of a thing of the past...
    can take a couple months to get a cut'n'paste all 4tracked out...nobody has time for it.