DOWNLOAD! Southern Soul on Midnight Soulstice

SoulpowerSoulpower 204 Posts
edited May 2009 in Announcements
On last week's Midnight Soulstice, we took you waaaay back to the early days of Southern Soul music. This is where it all started, this is the real deal. Get the download while it's hot!http://wrir.org/x/modules/news/article.php?storyid=9725Playlist:- L.C. Cooke: Do you wanna dance (Destination) - Bobby Dobye and the & The Barefacts: Strictly Soul (Hemphill)- Clarence Carter: I'm qualified (Atlantic)- O.V. Wright: Ace of Spade (Back Beat)- Candi Staton: I'm just a Prisoner (Fame)- Yakety Yaks: Soul Night part 1 (Washington Sound)- Mickey Murry: Fat Gal (Federal)- Lavell Kamma: I Know Where It's At (Tupelo Sound) - Alex Williams And The Mustangs: The Thrill Ain't Gone (Jewel) - Al King: High Cost Of Living (Ronn)- Jessie Hill: Naturally (Blue Thumb)- Carla Thomas: I want you back (Stax)- Little Richard: I don't know what you got (Vee-Jay) - Al Perkins: I don't want to lose (Hi)- Barbara Stant: Shadow in your footsteps (Shiptown)- Linda Gail Lewis: South Side Soul Society Chapter #1 (Mercury)- Chris Kenner: I Like It Like That part 1 (Instant) - The Da-Kars: The Dock Of The Bay (Josie)- Eldrige Holmes: Workin In The Coal Mine (Decca) - Freddie North: Love To Hate (Abet)- Syl Johnson: Is it because I'm black (Twinight)- Arthur Conley: Put our love together (Atco)- Willie Hightower: You used me baby (Fame)- Willie Rodgers: Tennessee Waltz (Jewel) - Wes Lewis: Best of my years (Hemphill) - The Village Soul Choir: The Country Walk (Abbot)- Roman Carter: Queen Bee (Jewel) - Wes Wells & The Steelers: From The Top Of My Heart (Torrid)- Judy Clay & William Bell: Private Number (Stax)- Eddie Floyd: California Girl (Stax) - Joe Tex: We can't sit down now (Dial)- Willie Mitchell: That Driving Beat (Hi)- Ollie and the Nightingales: You're leaving me (Stax)- Ann Peebles: Make me yours (Hi)- Z.Z. Hill: Nothing can change this love (Kent) - Solomon Burke: Proud Mary (Bell) - The Temprees: My Baby Love (We Produce) - Clarence Carter: To Weak To Fight (Atlantic) - The Meditation Singers: A change is gonna come (Jewel)