Staying up on current 45s

MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Just wondering if there's a good, well stocked website that sells current 45s. Stuff from Jazzman, Timmion and the like and all the similar stuff that's just someone pressing a couple hundred copies by themself. Dustygroove has no sound clips, Jazzman has a shitty website that freezes up, Labcabin doesn't seem to care about that stuff as much anymore, Concourse just gets a couple new things here and there, etc. Where do I go now?

Comments

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    www.fatcity.co.uk

Of course, Jazzman's actual website has a prettyy good range of limited run new 45s from around the world too.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    The Fatcity website isn't always as up-to-date as I'd like, but you get soundclips...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I'd take Juno over fatcity, you can even get them to email new arrival lists to you the day they get them in.

Yeah but for info fatcity is pretty good. Juno is good if you know exactly what you want, but for recomendations and good reviews, I like fatcity.

• i order from fatcity once or twice a month

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    www.fatcity.co.uk

Of course, Jazzman's actual website has a prettyy good range of limited run new 45s from around the world too.

Yeah, I've ordered from Jazzman a couple of times. The website used to freeze up on me (the pages are HUGE with a lot of built-in players for soundclips) but I checked it today it seemed ok. I'll check Juno and Fatcity, thanks for the tip!

• the advantage of fat city over juno is that they send recorded delivery in the UK, i dont know about abroad though, with juno i've had a fair few problems, but all have been sorted out quick enough.

• if you are looking for soundclips you should check hhv.de

they have got most (if not all!) of the current 45s and mostly they offer soundclips

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    piccadilly has good reviews but very limited choice + usually couple quid more than juno

there's so many good indie, leftfield and cheap psych represses coming out, can't keep up, they should build physical stores that has knowledgeable staff telling you about music...

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    there's so many good indie, leftfield and cheap psych represses coming out, can't keep up

Psych 7"[/b] represses?

Where online could I find these?

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    they should build physical stores that has knowledgeable staff telling you about music...

"They" tried that but it didn't work.

and thus Fat City is about to, or already has, shut its physical doors.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Gerald must be lauded here.

OK so the site is not exactly cutting edge, and some UAT would have helped.

But he delivers promptly and every now and then you get engaged in a little banter about the good old days.

Also, and much underestimated IMHO, you get baller stickers with which to deface any surface you wish.
    Mark my words, today's 17 y.o. budding collectro will be loaded in 20 years time and will crave this ish. Build your stash now as a supplement to your pension fund

Two other places that provide:

Vinyl Kiosk for Euroman kitsch, reissues and comps. Pricey but good.

Wally's Groove for Duder-style wobbly dubstep, Broken Bits and minimal techno (although the ideal minimal techno would be 5 minutes of silence IMO).

Also, and much underestimated IMHO, you get baller stickers with which to deface any surface you wish.
    Mark my words, today's 17 y.o. budding collectro will be loaded in 20 years time and will crave this ish. Build your stash now as a supplement to your pension fund

I understandeth not

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    I'm saying the retro kitsch appeal of your 32 sq inch Jazzman sticker, as shown above, is not appreciated now by all the jaded hacks (like myself) who receive tham with the records, and foolishly toss them over the shoulder with the nose held falutin'ly high, giving it all of that.
    I reckon these things will be the Northern Soul scooter patch, the early hip hop club flyer, nay the random rap cassette grail of 2029.

I'm all set to cash in if I live that long.

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    there's so many good indie, leftfield and cheap psych represses coming out, can't keep up

Psych 7"[/b] represses?

Where online could I find these?

juno, phonica, piccadilly... a lot of scrolling involved

wallysgrooveworld site (and as a discogs seller) has a bad rep, you're better off with flexx.be for your italo and what have you needs

• i have a massive pile of jazzman, soul 45 and funk 45 stickers that i used to send out with jazzman 45s i'd sell, gerald sends them out too when you buy off him. He is a great guy and is fastest to post stuff (order 3pm monday get it 9am tuesday style), sad news about fat city closing- when was that announced, thats the second big name in uk shops to go recently.

• I have fixed the jazzman site so it should not crash for anyone now and should be ALOT faster, just email me if you have any problems, cheers

f