HUG THE POLICE (Part I)

SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
FOR ROCKADELICumm ... OK, I have one: I once got pulled over by a cop for running a red lightin my work truck ... not only had I run the light, but I essentially tried to lose the cop when I saw him start after me by quickly turning the corner and shooting up the alley where my delivery was going, hoping he would not haveseen me make the turn and pass by the alley, like in the movies. No luck, heturned down the alley, siren blazing, and I was sure I was fucked. He askedme why I had come back into the alley, was it to get away from him, and I explained that I was making a delivery back here. He asked me did I know Iran a red light, and I said honestly, yes, I had been so pissed about the guyin front of me taking a right turn from the left lane and blocking me from goingstraight the whole time the light was green that out of anger I shot through when it turned red - all of which was true, but I HAD run the light.He told me to go ahead and start unloading my truck while he looked up mylicense and wrote me up, very friendly, and came over a few minutes laterwhile I was hauling stuff and said "I'm just giving you a warning - I know it canbe stressful driving a truck downtown all day, but try not to get carried awaylike that ... I could have easily given you a $200 ticket." and drove away.there you have it ... my ONE good experience with a cop in my life. Add on, IF you can.

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Ummmmm.....I once got pulled over for turning without signaling. The cop asked me if my turn signal was out, and I said, no, I didn't think it was. He just gave me a warning.

Turns out my turn signal was out.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Honestly this is kind of in bad taste.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    My cousin's husband is a cop and he saved some people from a burning car that had flipped over while he was off duty.

He is a complete prick otherwise.

I see as giving those who really feel that something good should be said in defense of police a place to say it without turning your thread into an argument about good cops versus bad cops.

Or, in my case, damning them with faint praise, considering they've beaten and maced friends of mine, and the best I can say is that one guy once didn't give me a ticket for turning without signaling.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Yeah I'm just saying man... like this isn't really a time when I can see the humor. That's why I said that in the thread, but then I didn't expect or want to see "HUG THE POLICE" (positive cop thread) "RUB THE POLICE" (gay cop thread) "STUB THE POLICE" (amputee cop thread)

Hence the term, "going all soulstrut on it"

Anyway, carry on.

Yeah I'm just saying man... like this isn't really a time when I can see the humor. That's why I said that in the thread, but then I didn't expect or want to see "HUG THE POLICE" (positive cop thread) "RUB THE POLICE" (gay cop thread) "STUB THE POLICE" (amputee cop thread)

Hence the term, "going all soulstrut on it"

Anyway, carry on.

Nah, I feel you.

b/w

I think F*CK THE POLICE (LiTERALLY-R) would be a better name for a gay cop thread.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I got pulled over this morning actually for shooting through a red light. He wasn't going to pull me over at first, he said, but then he ran my plates and my nissan came up as a subaru. I told him I have nothing against subarus, I just don't own one. Turns out he ran the number wrong. As for the red light I told him I thought I had it, and when I didn't I said F*ck it and went for it anyways. He said "yeah, I saw your reaction when you saw me." I guess I made a face anyways. Anyways, I'm white so he let me go. Didn't even give me a warning. Even flashed me the "peace/victory" sign as he drove off.

I didn't read the F*ck the police thread so i don't know what the rest of that is all about, but i had a timely antecdote, so there it is.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Jonny, this wasn't intended to make light in any way of what
    happened to your friend ... I am absolutely disgusted by what
    those cops did to her, and would never try to get a cheap laugh
    out of it. If you felt that was the case, I sincerely apologize.

It's just that EVERY TIME there is a thread about cops doing dirt,
    it is just a matter of time before Rich comes in and starts preaching
    about how most cops are great and nobody ever starts threads about that,
    blah blah blah ... I was just tired of it so I figured I would give
    him his thread. It was intended to be humorous, but absolutely not at
    the expense of your friend, or any other victim of police crime.