Banned From The UK

RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
edited May 2009 in Strut Central
Nazi's, KKK Grand Dragon, Russian Skinheads and American Radio Host Michael Savage.Is Savage broadcast on British radio??

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    No, but he sounds like a cunt and we don't want him here.

b/w

what he do wrong? Some homophobic stuff?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    MIKE SAVAGE
    ON ISLAM: 'You know, when I see a woman walking around with a burqa, I see a Nazi.'

He has called the Koran 'a book of hate' and added that some Muslims, at least, 'need deportation'.

ON AUTISM: He referred to the rise in diagnosis of autism as 'a racket' designed to get disability payments for 'poorer families who have found a new way to be parasites on the government'.

'You know what autism is? I'll tell you what autism is. In 99 per cent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out.'

ON SWINE FLU: 'Make no mistake about it: Illegal aliens (immigrants) are the carriers of the new strain of human-swine avian flu from Mexico'

ANOTEHR TRIUMPH FOR NU-LIEBOUR PC BRIGADE ME THINKS.

He prolly doesn't deserve to be lumped in with a gang of bombers and the like, but you know what? F*ck him.

And he's talmbout sueing the Government of England. Government of England?

FWIW I'd swap him for Jacqui Smith, who is unbearable. We could ignore Savage but this miserable sack of chud is not so easily dismissed.

he is definately a cunt.

i dunno about swapping him for Jacqui Smith, she might be typical of the current breed of New Labour MPs. probably sent her kids to be privately educated etc, but still I'd take 4 more years of this over the Bullingdon Club.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,785 Posts

Lib Dems anyone?

not feeling the sandals.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I'm still gutted the Natural Law Party got disbanded. We could do with some more Yogic Flying round here.

oh shit. I'm still reeling from the Referendum Party.

Goldsmith mailed five million homes with a VHS tape expressing his ideas. It has been suggested he planned to broadcast during the election from his offshore pirate Referendum Radio station.

In the 1997 election, Goldsmith stood for his party in the London constituency of Putney, against Tory minister David Mellor. Goldsmith stood no chance of victory, but the declaration made one a memorable moment - Mellor lost his seat to the Labour candidate and was taunted by Goldsmith who clapped his hands slowly and chanted "out, out, out!"

• fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
    the guy's real name is michael weiner

and before he became a ranting, hateful, self-hating jew, and homophobic right winger he was a gay hippie who used to swim naked with allen ginsburg.

http://dir.salon.com/story/news/feature/2003/03/05/savage/

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts
    As soon as the US releases the list of names from (and criteria for inclusion in) the no fly list (and prosecutes torturers), we can get back up on our constitutional high horse.

James Goldsmith has one of the creepiest cadaver heads I have ever laid my eyes on.

James Goldsmith has one of the creepiest cadaver heads I have ever laid my eyes on.

You saw in in the flesh? At one of his rallies?

b/w he is now a real-life cadaver.

As soon as the US releases the list of names from (and criteria for inclusion in) the no fly list (and prosecutes torturers), we can get back up on our constitutional high horse.

it seems obama is trying to put the us on a more transparent footing than his predecessor and his administration is talking about prosecuting john yoo, et all for subverting the constitution.

as an advocate of free speech and expression i think this is a black eye for the uk. also, it only raises this asshole's profile.

You saw in in the flesh? At one of his rallies?

b/w he is now a real-life cadaver.

LOL sadly no, only through the TV which was probably the safer way.

My keen grasp on the news means I totally missed him leaving this life a few months after the Mellor affair. You have to wonder how many days it took them to notice.

• funky16cornersfunky16corners 7,175 Posts

it seems obama is trying to put the us on a more transparent footing than his predecessor and his administration is talking about prosecuting john yoo, et all for subverting the constitution.

as an advocate of free speech and expression i think this is a black eye for england. also, it only raises this asshole's profile.

I agree, though if memory serves the UK does not have the same ideas about free speech that we do (see UK libel laws), as well as Euro countries that legislate hate speech (as it relates to holocaust denial).

Until we get our house in order, we can't really complain about stuff like this with a straight face.

Until we get our house in order, we can't really complain about stuff like this with a straight face.

i am canadian, but that said-it's never the wrong time to shine a light on injustice and abuses of power at home or abroad.

as an advocate of free speech and expression i think this is a black eye for england. also, it only raises this asshole's profile.

Can't disagree with you, but please note that when you (and shock jock douche) say England, you mean the UK, which is an artificial construction long-governed by a gang of Scots.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It must suck to not be free like us in the USA.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Seriously. I almost don't even blame the terrorists for hating our freedom. Sour grapes, you know?

i get that the us is far from ideal in many respects but free speech rights, the cornerstone of any democracy, are far more entrenched and extensive than those in the uk.

out of curiosity where would you rather be living?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

i get that the us is far from ideal in many respects but free speech rights, the cornerstone of any democracy, are far more entrenched and extensive than those in the uk.

I think you mistake his earnestness for sarcasm.

LOL, that just occurred to me...sorry rey

Anyway, Reynaldo can't come here: he's banned

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

Yeah, there's nowhere else I'd rather be living.

• there's nowhere else I'd rather be living.
    i'd say the same about the UK, after visiting USA a few times, i found america to be a bit too loud and big for my liking, but some of the folks over there were way more friendly than anyone i've ever met in europe.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts

i am canadian, but that said-it's never the wrong time to shine a light on injustice and abuses of power at home or abroad.

Well, we banned a British MP from coming into Canada. I wouldn't care much if they didn't let Savage in as well...

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    so there are more people on the list but it's not in the "public's interest" to reveal the names....any (UK) Strtters have insight into why they are not being revealed?

It was just a lame publicity stunt, why release names of people who aren't trying to come here, and include convicted murderers serving lengthy prison sentences?

They messed up with Michael Savage because he has a case and could potentially walk off with ??200,000 for defamation.

so there are more people on the list but it's not in the "public's interest" to reveal the names....any (UK) Strtters have insight into why they are not being revealed?

Who is on UK 'least wanted' list?
    Sixteen people banned from entering the UK since October last year for fostering extremism or hatred have been named by the Home Office for the first time.

A total of 22 people have been excluded in that time, although the identities of six of them have been withheld by the government in the "public interest". The named individuals are:

ABDULLAH QADRI AL AHDAL
    Preacher. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to foment, justify or glorify terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs and fostering hatred that might lead to inter-community violence.

YUNIS AL ASTAL
    Preacher and Hamas MP. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to foment, justify or glorify terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs and to provoke others to terrorist acts.

STEPHEN DONALD BLACK
    Former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard who set up racist website Stormfront. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by promoting serious criminal activity and fostering hatred that might lead to inter-community violence in the UK.

WADGY ABD EL HAMIED MOHAMED GHONEIM
    A prolific speaker and writer. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to foment, justify or glory terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs and to provoke others to commit terrorist acts.

ERIC GLIEBE
    Neo-Nazi. Has made web-radio broadcasts in which he vilifies certain ethnic groups and encourages the download and distribution of provocative racist leaflets and posters.

Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by justifying terrorist violence, provoking others to commit serious crime and fostering racial hatred.

MIKE GUZOVSKY
    Jewish militant. Leader of a violent group and actively involved with military training camps.

Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to foment, justify or glorify terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs and to provoke others to terrorist acts.

SAFWAT HIJAZI
    Television preacher. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by glorifying terrorist violence.

NASR JAVED
    Kashmiri militant group leader. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to foment, justify or glorify terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs.

ABDUL ALI MUSA
    Muslim activist, previously known as Clarence Reams. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by fomenting and glorifying terrorist violence in furtherance of his particular beliefs and seeking to provoke others to terrorist acts.

FRED WALDRON PHELPS SNR & SHIRLEY PHELPS-ROPER
    American pastor and leading spokesman of Westboro Baptist Church. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by fostering hatred that might lead to inter-community violence in the UK.

The 79-year-old and his daughter are barred for their anti-gay comments. Both have picketed the funerals of Aids victims and have claimed the deaths of American soldiers are a punishment for US tolerance of homosexuality.

SAMIR AL QUNTAR
    Hezbollah militant. Spent three decades in prison for killing four soldiers and a four-year-old girl.

Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to foment, justify or glorify terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs and to provoke others to terrorist acts.

ARTUR RYNO & RAVEL SKACHEVSKY
    Leaders of a violent Russian skinhead gang that beat migrants and posted films of their attacks on the internet, and committed 20 racially motivated murders.

Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by fomenting serious criminal activity and seeking to provoke others to serious criminal acts.

Both are currently in prison.

AMIR SIDDIQUE
    Preacher. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by fomenting terrorist violence in furtherance of particular beliefs.

MICHAEL ALAN WEINER (ALSO KNOWN AS MICHAEL SAVAGE)
    Controversial daily radio talk-show host. Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by seeking to provoke others to serious criminal acts and fostering hatred which might lead to inter-community violence.

His views on immigration, Islam, rape and autism have caused great offence in the US.

Savage is pretty much the only one minus the Westboro church nutters and the Stormfront guy who doesn't have terrorist violence next to his name.