School me on L.A.

13»

Comments

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
    If grandpa_shig had a food spot column I would check it religiously. Serious.

I trust your referrals too.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    haha! thanks.

hey marco, since you had such a awful day, let me tell you about 2 affordable fast food vegan joints in and around your neighborhood.

vegan spot. its on sunset right there in echo park/silverlake. its owned by the same folks that own flore up the street at sunset junction. its more reasonably though.

taste of life. another vegan spot and this one is open to 2am. great food. their daily hoagies are where its at but honestly the whole menu is good. the only problem is they take a really really REALLY long time to prepare your food. on the positive side they dont make it until you order it. its on vermont and i think fountain on the 2nd floor. hope you find your stuff!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    another vegan treat for marco is getting a dairy-free cone from Scoops on Heliotrope - they have some truly inspiring flavours. it's down the street from LACC and right next to the Bicycle Kitchen. also, across the street is another vegan cafe with *some* decent items (and beer).

• There's a Strutter that works at Gonpachi.
    I don't know if he wants his real world info outed.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    There's a Strutter that works at Gonpachi.
    I don't know if he wants his real world info outed.

I thought that looked like Yuichi!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,102 Posts
    if you like movies, definitely try to check out a cemetary screening.

http://www.cinespia.org

sign up for their mailing list to be kept updated about what's playing (Cool Hand Luke this Saturday!) and show up EARLY (used to have to get there around 6-6:30pm) for good seats.

it's really fun way to watch a movie, and you can bring all the booze and food you want. they have good DJs playing beforehand too...