Need some help fighting the heat? (mix inside)

BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I just uploaded a new mix of mostly funk/soul stuff. Nice selections for calming you out on a hot afternoon. Brew up some sun tea, roll someting, and coolout.Tracklisting:1. Bob James - Feel Like Makin Love2. The Stylistics - We Can Make It Again3. The Stylistics - I Take It Out On You4. Al Jarreau - Rainbow In Your Eyes5. Richie Havens - Someone Suite6. Brand X - Access To Data7. War - Four Corner Room8. War - The World Is A Ghetto9. Billy Preston - Creature Feature10. Urbie Green - I'm In You11. HP Riot - I Have Changed12. Jan Hammer Group - Don't You Know13. Moonquake - It's My Life14. Buddy Rich - Countin' Them Long White Lines15. Grover Washington Jr. - Hydra16. LA Carnival - Flyin'17. Michel LeGrand - Wuthering Heights18. Jim Croce - New York's Not My Home19. George Benson - I Want You20. Moe Koffman - Digs (Archeology)21. Chalawa - Hop, Skip and Jump22. Chalawa - Meltdown23. Shinehead - The Real Rock24. Ray Manzarek - Begin The World Again25. Emil Palame - Bigfoot26. Dale Jacobs - Patch Bay27. Gilbert O'Sullivan - I'm a Writer, Not a Fighter28. Polka Dot Door - Imagine, ImagineBeat Chemist - Summer Coolout MixHope you like it!

Comments

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    what you know bout this heat?

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    What??

THIS heat?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    What??

THIS heat?

one of the LEAST entertaining children's programs ever. it was such a bummer when all that was on was that - the no-cable-blues.

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Yeah... generally is sucked...

Funnily enough though... I ended up doing some recordings for the guy that used to play Jeff on the show. He was black and was on during the mid eighties.

He wanted to get his musical career back on course, and was dating the mother of a classmate of mine... so we ended up recording him doing covers of "I Can't Make You Love Me" and "More Often Than Not". Neither was particularly great... mostly because of the instrumentation... but dude has a sweeeeeet raspy old man voice now.