Soul Power (Movie Trailer)

macacamacaca 278 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Any word on which African groups will be featured?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Any word on which African groups will be featured?

Amongst others, the Psychedelic Aliens played this festival billed as "The Aliens"

Judging from this record cover, you can imagine what their live show must have looked like and it's safe to assume they gave it all they had for the occasion.

Unfortunatelly, nobody appearantly bothered filming the and neither the Aliens nor any of the other African acts (I think including the African Brothers Int. and Uhuru Dance band feat Ebo Taylor) were included in the movie.

But I'm sure Accra made a nice, exotic backdrop for all the stars.

After flying over all those big acts from the US and paying them tens of tousands of dollars, all local Ghanaian bands involved were paid the combined sum of $1.000.

I read this up a few months ago, can't be arsed to look up the source again, it was frustrating enough the first time around.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I think what you are speaking of is Soul to Soul.

Soul Power is the concert footage in Zaire as part of the Ali/Foreman fight in 1974.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    I think what you are speaking of is Soul to Soul.

Soul Power is the concert footage in Zaire as part of the Ali/Foreman fight in 1974.

Uuups... my bad.
    I clicked onthe link you posted, saw the Soul to Soul jpg and thought that's what this is about...