APC40 - Ableton controller

nrichnrich 932 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I figured this would be the best place to post this question.Does anyone own or have first-hand experience with the Ableton APC40 controller?Specifically, how is the multichannel mixing? I'm assuming all fader movements can be automated and has live effect assignments that can be modified?Think old school dub mixing with effects ... can that be achieved through this controller if separate instruments are mapped to separate channels?thanks

Comments

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I haven't got my hands on one yet but it's at the top of my wantlist.

The faders aren't motorized so if you record any automation they'll operate in what Ableton calls "Takeover mode". It looks perfect for dub style mixing.. everything is mappable so your options are nearly endless. Add Max for Live and you're on some next level controller shit.

There's a ton of info here:
    http://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105268&start=0

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    It's not out yet so I doubt you're going to hear any first hand info from users. It looks cool for what it is and it's at a pretty good price point. Just hope it's not as flimsy as current Akai products otherwise they're going to have a huge grip of pissed off nerds in a few months.