Red & Meth "Dangerous MCs"

Theodore_RucksTheodore_Rucks 105 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
http://nahright.com/news/2009/04/27/method-man-redman-dangerous-mcs/There's couple whoooooo kid drops but nothing too distracting.The other 3 tracks that leaked were OK to me, but this one is more blackout-ish. This and Mrs International are probably the strongest so far.

Comments

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    They need to do another movie too.....

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    They need to do another movie too.....

I thought the US banned cruel and unusual punishment!

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    hehehehe.... I guess How High doesnt hurt as much if your watching it as ripped as the cast....

hehehehe.... I guess How High doesnt hurt as much if your watching it as ripped as the cast....

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    Dam this hot.
    the synth bassline is dope too

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    Is there a strut consensus on "City lights"? I love the beat and the Bun verse, but hearing Red and Meth over a 70 bpm beat takes some getting used to. Redman does it better than Meth though... IMO.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    more blackout-ish

Am I the only one who thought this record was weak or is it weird that I know rapdudes who consider it classique? Was I just too old? Any of the 30-somethings here love this album?

• Is there a strut consensus on "City lights"? I love the beat and the Bun verse, but hearing Red and Meth over a 70 bpm beat takes some getting used to. Redman does it better than Meth though... IMO.

I'm not mad at it, but it's not something I want to hear on the album. It's not as bad as "Stick Me for My Riches" on the last Wu album but they still sound out of their element.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Redman is sick on slow beats.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Redman is sick on ANY beat.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    more blackout-ish

Am I the only one who thought this record was weak or is it weird that I know rapdudes who consider it classique? Was I just too old? Any of the 30-somethings here love this album?

I ride for Blackout.

Redman can hold his own by himself. Meth has had problems on the solo tip.

Great combo IMO.

I like to listen to it and see which MC outdoes the other.

Ive been waiting for a sequal.

How High (Movie) is My Shit. Get high(herb omlette) and listen to their commentary. Good Sunday afternoon shit.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    more blackout-ish

I think it's pretty weak--never felt the need to own a copy. Perhaps I was prejudiced against it because of Method Man's involvement--he was well past his sell-by date at that point.

Does anybody besides deej consider it classique?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    They should stick to making jello commercials at this point.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Meth & Red are straight-up B-Boys.

• matamaticmatamatic 488 Posts
    that first leak they dropped with saukrates on the hook was heat to me.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Meth & Red are straight-up B-Boys.

You sound European.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

puke