SOULSTRUT VS HOLLERBOARD

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited July 2005 in Soul Strut
Yeah I know, I know... I've been unfaithful and have been fucking around on Hollarboard for a while now.But it's just so fucking weak. Bunch of herbs.Some good folk over there, some that are over there and are over here as well... I might continue fucking with it on some promo steez but honestly it's just a jerkoff fest.Anyone else over there?

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    what's wes up to these days?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Being a smacked ass I would assume.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    just seems like everyone over there needs a late pass and some knee pads.

whole lotta last month's dick nibbling

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

why isn't Mylatnecy a moderator over there ?

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

why isn't Mylatnecy a moderator over there ?

actually i'm mixed up. i'm talking about soulstrut.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    As I recall, the main problem between the two boards was that not enough SoulStrutters talked about being "skiied up."

• As I recall, the main problem between the two boards was that not enough SoulStrutters talked about being "skiied up."

Yeah it's true - us hippys don't go for dam synthetics and narcotics.

Them kids scare the schitt out me and need to be hit with penis bat.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    Them kids scare the schitt out me and need to be hit with penis bat.

Location in...

going...

going...

gon...

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Do you really think it???s even fair to compare Soulstrut--a board that is based on a common interest and love for records and music--with the Hollerboard-- basically just a fans&friends board? You???ve got to expect a certain level of dick-ridery at any fan board like that, and if it???s not dick-ridery, it???s just inside jokes and silly anecdotes and ???what???s the new hot shit???? threads since pretty much everyone there has met each other.

This place is light years more interesting but I'm cool with pretty much everyone over there so I go to bullshit.

Seriously though, if the hollerboard is so ???weak,??? just stop going there.

-e

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    You???ve got to expect a certain level of dick-ridery at any fan board like that, and if it???s not dick-ridery, it???s just inside jokes and silly anecdotes and ???what???s the new hot shit???? threads since pretty much everyone there has met each other.

Word. I mean, Soulstrut is, like, TOTALLY different. Like it says in the HTML head content meta-description:

"Soulstrut is the internet HUB for a certain level of dick-ridery, and if it???s not dick-ridery, it???s just inside jokes and silly anecdotes and 'what???s the new hot shit?' threads since pretty much everyone here has met each other."

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Don't be so fucking mean Emil.

And yeah I do think there's a fair comparison because they are the two messageboards I frequent. Jesus, look at my post count over there. Plus I've been on there through all the incarnations since day one,

And like I said, there are some great people over there, youself included. I'm just kind of fed up/disillusioned/not relating anymore... so much so that I don't want to even approach doing this subject (a "state of hollerboard" subject) over there cause I fell completely removed from it.

Anyway, whatever.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    And I guesss it's really unfair to say "bunch of herbs" as there are a bunch of my close friends there...

... feeling sad today my fiends.

We ever get a Red Skelton appreciation post up here or what?

• pasepase 89 Posts
    "a bunch of fucking ravers"

haha... dude it's a fansite, what the fuck do you expect?

Diplo is blowing up, it's gonna be gay...

the only reason I came on there was cuz I was booking homie. and the only reason I stayed is because of you and Ayres and them... it ain't that bad...

I'm gonna start a new site in a few months, and we'll have a new board.

The website is gonna be about absolute bullshit. so if you ain't down then stay away...

my board (scribble) is the worst shit ever, so I suggest you stop complaining....

good shit last night..

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Don't you know, I'm a complainer.

Hey I was drunker that I thought I was last night.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

the only reason I came on there was cuz I was booking homie. and the only reason I stayed is because of you and Ayres and them... it ain't that bad...

The website is gonna be about absolute bullshit. so if you ain't down then stay away...

my board (scribble) is the worst shit ever, so I suggest you stop complaining....

good shit last night..

djanna.com boards where that "PIFF"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

good shit last night..

djanna.com boards where that "PIFF"

Isn't that the home of "Rate the cuteness of Bay Area hip-hop DJs" discussion?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    Was I being mean?

You know you're like one of my top ten favorite people ever right, Cosmo?

I didn't mean to be mean.

I just don't want a silly thing like the hollerboard occupying the thoughts in your pretty little head!

-e

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I am pretty cute, I have to admit that.

Hey let's drink some beer this weekend.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I really liked the dance you did when "Invincible" came on. It was mad decent.

That was funnersly.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    Oh God

• pasepase 89 Posts
    ayres is bout it bout it....

I wish somebody would've snapped a pic of your face when master p came on...

good times.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    ok we'll have none of that

• I read that holler board from time to time(just lurking), and the amount of blatant dick riding is incredible. A lot of the people there definately seem to be the ex raver type..just a guess..but I bet it is pretty accurate.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    apples and oranges.

hello emil. hello cosmo. i'll be back in bklyn end of august. let's reconnect. i will mediate your feigned, near-beef (actual allinthesamegang-ness) over ramen, as necessary. emil, stop blogging and send me that shit (really).

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Interesting article on the now defunct Hollerboard... some parallels to this place

https://thump.vice.com/en_us/article/how-diplo-and-the-hollerboard-changed-everything