Listen all y'all it's a sabotage

dirtydirty 93 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
So I had my record release party last night at a club that I've been a monthly resident for a while. I was told early in the week that it would be my last date there because they are changing their format to top 40 / mash ups (ugh). So I'm like oh well I'll do my thing one more time, get all my homies to come and represent and bring out some of my reggae 45s that i never bring out. So I roll up at the club with some people and i notice it's freaking packed waaaaay more than I anticipated. My usual crowd is under 100 for a smaller lounge spot it is. But this place had like 500 people up in it. So me and my homeboys walk in the club trying to make my way to the booth and i notice on the journey that all of these dudes are sweatin me as I made my way. I get to the booth and I ask the early DJ what's the deal? and he filled me in. "This is a Takeover party". A take over party is where the gay male community get together and "takeover" a club for the night. I look up and it hit me. NO WOMEN ANYWHERE. I was looking around for Ashton and the camera crew. My crew was like WTF dude.... I'm not a homophobe or anything but it's not my crowd. Luckily my wife showed up and i gave her one of kisses like I hadn't seen her in weeks. So i played some broken beat/house for an hour and a half and the crowd was spilling over into the booth which is ground level and dudes are coming close to bumping the records and shit playing grab ass and whatever. So I'm like I need to thin this place out a bit. ENTER MY DUB REGGAE SET.......clears out within the half hour. lolOne for the record books but

Comments

• DeegreezDeegreez 804 Posts
    Why did you post this? Are you proud of clearing the dancefloor? On your last night of DJ-ing after being told you are fired?

Anyone can do that.

And then you talk about kissing your wife and luckily she showed up? This is retarded.

You sound like so many DJ's who have no clue that what we now know as the common modern clubs were pretty much invented by gays whether you like it or not, and they are a tough to impress but great crowd. This would have been worth mentioning if you explained how you held your own and killed the party til dawn and entertained with your set as a real DJ can do, for any crowd, anywhere.
    But instead you felt you had to thin out a packed house?

There are multiple NAGL's in this post and all of them are yours.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    my wife showed up and i gave her one of kisses like I hadn't seen her in weeks.

to prove to everyone that you are def NOT GAY!!!!

• covecove 1,566 Posts

There are multiple NAGL's in this post and all of them are yours.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    I learn something new every day on the 'strut.
    Today I learned gays hate dub reggae.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts

hey Quo u wanna meet in Bridgeport and soak up some sun? i got my swimmies and inflatable shark! bring some modern soul

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts

hey Quo u wanna meet in Bridgeport and soak up some sun? i got my swimmies and inflatable shark! bring some modern soul

But like modder soul and inflatable animals.

I keed. I keed.

• dirtydirty 93 Posts
    Why did you post this? Are you proud of clearing the dancefloor? On your last night of DJ-ing after being told you are fired?

Flame all you want dude. To be honest I was kinda annoyed at the club owner for not giving me any advance notice of this especially the day before when he told me was taking back my scheduled dates. I have no problem playing for gay folks, I just don't specialize in gay club music. I only brought out so much brokenbeat house and on a night when I told my peoples to come out in numbers to hear some reggae records so after played for that crowd for almost 2 hours I decided for the heads who came to support with what I promised them. No thing but a chicken wing.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts

Flame all you want dude. To be honest I was kinda annoyed at the club owner for not giving me any advance notice of this especially the day before when he told me was taking back my scheduled dates. I have no problem playing for gay folks, I just don't specialize in gay club music. I only brought out so much brokenbeat house and on a night when I told my peoples to come out in numbers to hear some reggae records so after played for that crowd for almost 2 hours I decided for the heads who came to support with what I promised them. No thing but a chicken wing.

maybe the club owner rallied the troops. It's possible.

you should have played "The Takeover."

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts

u know I'm down but we gotta keep an eye open for obscure addict, we don't wanna get our asses beat

p.s.
    img src=http://soulfunkjazz.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/front23.jpg

• dirtydirty 93 Posts

after a few "hey sweeties" and "U have a boyfriend?" accompanied by a host of uncomfortable looks from a few hundred gay mens. yea....it was nice to have my wife there.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    TEH GAYS R OUT TO GET U!

b/w

what is "gay club music"

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts

what is "gay club music"
    somebody started a good post about this. everybody broke out the diva house raer.

I know, I was being tongue-in-cheek. it just seems like a lazy catch-all for homophobes

I used to/occasionally still do go to clubs where gays and straights mingle/dance/chill together to all kinds of different music, it was never a big deal. I think this dude figures all gay cats only get it in to Haddaway

• markus71markus71 937 Posts

after a few "hey sweeties" and "U have a boyfriend?" accompanied by a host of uncomfortable looks from a few hundred gay mens. yea....it was nice to have my wife there.

You sound insecure about your own sexual identity....and your skillz as a club dj.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    U get any phone numbers?

• dirtydirty 93 Posts
    You sound insecure about your own sexual identity....and your skillz as a club dj.

Thanks.....maybe that's it.

dub reggae after house music????

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I wish teh gayz would take over my club. Everyone knows that's how you keep a packed house. Teh gayz bring teh womenz, teh womenz bring teh sharkz.

I bet if you would've rocked the party and kept the homos happy, the owner would've kept your night and you'd be DJing to a packed house every week. You know you messed up, right?

P.S. Only men are ghey where you're from??

I wish teh gayz would take over my club. Everyone knows that's how you keep a packed house. Teh gayz bring teh womenz, teh womenz bring teh sharkz.

I bet if you would've rocked the party and kept the homos happy, the owner would've kept your night and you'd be DJing to a packed house every week. You know you messed up, right?

P.S. Only men are ghey where you're from??

This whole poast is full of win.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Also full of truth

• I used to DJ an all-lesbian reggae party in West Oakland called Burning Bush. Total blast.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

total bullshit. first off, the club owner prolly had no advance notice as these events are usually done on myspace or through some email list thing. second, the idea behind this isnt to ostracize hetero dudes. its to empower their own community. so yeah, you prolly got some looks, but third i can pretty much guarantee no one asked you if you have a boyfriend. gay dudes arent trying to hit on straight guys like that. plus its a social gathering, not some seedy gay club night.

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    I used to DJ an all-lesbian reggae party in West Oakland called Burning Bush. Total blast.

Any Trannies up in that piece???

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I'm not a homophobe or anything

I'm thinking these two statements are incompatible.

Yes... homophobia literally means "scared of gay people".

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Maybe he's just modest about being hit on. I'm sure if he had been in a club filled with women trying to holler at him, he would have felt the exact same way.

• I'm not a homophobe or anything

I'm thinking these two statements are incompatible.

I'm thinking you're right.

Maybe he's just modest about being hit on. I'm sure if he had been in a club filled with women trying to holler at him, he would have felt the exact same way.

This always. happens. to. me. I go to the club, I'm pouring up the Nuvo, and all the fly model type dimes are just on me like white on rice. Then my wife arrives and I am like "THANK GOD MY WIFE IS HERE!"

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    I gotta ask, was he shook by the Gathering Storm?