Mystery Song: any ideas on this one?

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
okay, i havent heard the song in question, im trying to help out my buddy who lives in Oregon... he says: "This song I'm looking for is getting played on the classic/modern rock mix on this ultra shitty Eugene radio station, heavy rotation, and you could mistake the backup group for the dap-kings, but upon closer listening it sounds like sampled stuff with a scratching breakdown near the end. The song grooves along with this ultrahappening bassline all the way through with the cleaned up Shirley Bassey (style) vocal with lyrics about something bad happening or about to happen or did happen. After the scratching breakdown the groove disappears and it gets into a bit more of an arranged piece, and then the song ends, never going back to the groove."i have no clue, did a lot of iTunes and internet searches but came up clueless.... anyone???? it sounds like it would be cool to hear, whatever it is... thanks..

Comments

• your friend should call the radio station and ask them... that's what i would do. or check to see if they keep their playlists archived on the internet

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    Solange? i dont know. i havent heard a song with scratching in it in awhile

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    okay, i havent heard the song in question, im trying to help out my buddy who lives in Oregon... he says:

"This song I'm looking for is getting played on the classic/modern rock mix on this ultra shitty Eugene radio station, heavy rotation, and you could mistake the backup group for the dap-kings, but upon closer listening it sounds like sampled stuff with a scratching breakdown near the end. The song grooves along with this ultrahappening bassline all the way through with the cleaned up Shirley Bassey (style) vocal with lyrics about something bad happening or about to happen or did happen. After the scratching breakdown the groove disappears and it gets into a bit more of an arranged piece, and then the song ends, never going back to the groove."

i have no clue, did a lot of iTunes and internet searches but came up clueless.... anyone???? it sounds like it would be cool to hear, whatever it is... thanks..

Dude.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    your friend should call the radio station and ask them... that's what i would do. or check to see if they keep their playlists archived on the internet

i narrowed down the stations it could be, and their internets aren't helpful. but yeah, ill tell him to make some calls if hes gotta know that bad. it just sounded like the sort of track that someone here might be familiar with (and i got curious myself).

Dude.

??? just asking, man.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Not exactly confusable with the Dap-Kings but I thought of "Something Wicked This Way Comes" by The Herbaliser.

• Lucious_FoxLucious_Fox 2,479 Posts
    What's that Married w/ Children episode when dude walks into the record store and humms a couple of notes to the clerk? The clerk could name everybody elses "humm" but couldnt get Al Bundy's.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Youtube's banned in the workplace but, it's not History Repeating by The Propellerheads is it? It ticks the Bassey box anyway.

Youtube's banned in the workplace but, it's not History Repeating by The Propellerheads is it? It ticks the Bassey box anyway.

Funny, if it's embedded it's no longer blocked. That's the one. What do I win?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    with lyrics about something bad happening or about to happen or did happen.

Dude.

lol

Dude.

lol

haha... yeah i know i know, ted bundy style... hey what if those were the exact lyrics? "something bad happening...or...about to happen...or...did happen..." haha

its not propellerheads (nice song tho... whatever happened to those guys?), apparently this song is brand new. must just be a Eugene thing???

• he lives in oregon? does he know my friend jim?

Dude.

lol

haha... yeah i know i know, ted bundy style...

Dude.

Dude.

lol

Dude.

Dude!

he lives in oregon? does he know my friend jim?

Dude.

• Options

Dude.

lol

Dude.

Dude!

he lives in oregon? does he know my friend jim?

Dude.

Dude.