Veal Chops Recipes???

batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
I copped some Veal Chops and im gonna do them up tonite.If checked all my cook books and some intranets recipes.It seems like a str8 saute is all it calls for....w/ a simple pan sauce.Marinades? Anyone?

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    You could do a variation on either of these:

Veal Marsala[/b]
    Medallions of veal saut??ed in butter with mushrooms, prosciutto, tiny French peas and Bermuda onions, finished with a marsala wine sauce.

Veal Carcioffi[/b]
    Medallions of veal saut??ed with artichoke hearts, capers and mushrooms finished with a white wine and lemon butter sauce.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Ill probably do the mushrooms w/ white wine.

Nice. I love a good marsala myself, but it can be hard to keep prosciutto from drying out, and it's too expensive to f*ck up.

fuskin veal cost me $50 for two

Good lord, I hope you mean two whole baby cows.

22 per pound up in fuskin whole foods

this is my first time coppin. Shit is way too much.

Cotdamn! I'll stick with $7 a pound filet mignon. Hope your lady's bringing the wine.

Cotdamn! I'll stick with $7 a pound filet mignon. Hope your lady's bringing the wine.

and the dessert!!!

and the dessert!!!

and the dessert!!!

Im gonna play some DAMU beats during dinner and then tell her how much "I HATT HER!"

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Next time get the veal short ribs and braise them. Way cheaper and full of flavor. It just takes longer to cook, but really you can't F*ck them up.

Im gonna play some DAMU beats during dinner and then tell her how much "I HATT HER!"

Then do your manly duty and educate her on good music. All the while, she'll be looking at you and seeing a big bag of money instead of a man.

Next time get the veal short ribs and braise them. Way cheaper and full of flavor. It just takes longer to cook, but really you can't F*ck them up.

That means I have to invite two ladies over.

Then do your manly duty and educate her on good music. All the while, she'll be looking at you and seeing a big bag of money instead of a man.

haha....

Ill make sure not to clean my apt and and wear a beatup smokers jacket talmbout "u wanna a swisher sweet, Its kinda Cuban"?

• edulusedulus 421 Posts
    i cooked up some venison over the weekend. call me redneck batmon

• PrimeCutsLtdPrimeCutsLtd jersey fresh 2,632 Posts
    I make a big batch of demi-glace and when it's done I pour it in ice cube trays. A few demi cubes added to a pan sauce is perfect. In fact i made steak on the grill tonight and finished it with a madeira demi reduction finished with butter....So good

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I had a veal t-bone with truffles once in Italy...really nice. It had a lot of flavor, to say the least.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    20-something a pound is ridiculous.
    whole foods meats are great, but the prices never cease to amaze me.
    thank god for the mexican grocery stores down here. meat is half the price as the supermarkets.

i bit rachael ray the last time i made them.

Ingredients

* 4 (1-inch thick) veal chops
    * Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    * 6 sprigs fresh sage, leaves stripped and chopped, about 4 tablespoons
    * 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
    * 2 tablespoons butter
    * 1/2 cup dry white wine, eyeball it

Directions

Heat a heavy-bottomed skillet over medium high heat. Season chops with salt and pepper and rub them each with about 1 tablespoon of chopped sage. Rub the sage into meat on both sides of each chop. Add oil to the pan. Melt butter into the oil and add chops to the pan. Cook chops 5 minutes on each side and transfer to warm platter and let them rest. Add wine to the pan and scrape up drippings. Spoon drippings down over the chops and serve.