Kind of Like A Big Deal

2»

Comments

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• Will Soulstrut be ready for the next album's 'plex 'phors?

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    im sorry but The Clipse just aint The Clipse without the neptunes

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    and why are the cuffs in their pants so damn big?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Where did you find that photo of Soulmarcosa?

• yawn

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Where did you find that photo of Soulmarcosa?

Back in his clean shaven days!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I said it before and I'll say it now...I don't understand how people can say Kanye can't rap.

Fire marshals said I took it to the maxx like TJ
    Y'all didn't peep I said Marshall's, we play...

I have to admit though, after a whole day of waiting to come home and DL this, it's pretty underwhelming.

I'm glad it's not all cookedcokecracked out though.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    For real - if any artist came out with the sickest song ever put together...but it was cookedcokecrackedout, would folks really be, "man, this is topically played out?"

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    For real - if any artist came out with the sickest song ever put together...but it was cookedcokecrackedout, would folks really be, "man, this is topically played out?"

*raises hand*

This isn't the sickest song ever put together though.

Clipse kinda refrained from that on this song, no? I mean, that's pretty much their schtick. (And I can admit they do it better than most.)

Recently though I'm getting kind of bored listening to everybody's life story, which sucks 'cause I'm a goddamn junkie when it comes to this. I know there are alternatives but most of it is "weird" rap with "space sh*t that don't even make no sense." A recent Brother Ali song ends with "I gotta brand new baby daughter on the way" and I kinda felt like a jerk 'cause I was like "And?" instead of "Awwwwww!"

I think I need a Hip Hop vacation. M*rs told me years ago that he takes a week off once in a while just to clear his mind. I didn't think it as possible 'cause everything I hear is with a Hip Hop ear (that sounds freakin' corny, huh?). Maybe it's time, though...

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    beat is nice, is that kanye too?

No fool! thats khalil!

Dude is crazy, yall dont even hear his hottest shit!

this clipse song is one of my least favorite of the khalil joints i've heard. i mean that in a good way too.

although dude does rely on organ stabs a lil much...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I think I need a Hip Hop vacation. M*rs told me years ago that he takes a week off once in a while just to clear his mind. I didn't think it as possible 'cause everything I hear is with a Hip Hop ear (that sounds freakin' corny, huh?). Maybe it's time, though...

No I think this is true with every genre of music, sometimes with music altogether. Come back at it with fresh ears.

Dope beat and Kanye's verses outshine the Clipse easily.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    and why are the cuffs in their pants so damn big?

to stash their crack in...

• although dude does rely on organ stabs a lil much...

paws?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    I said it before and I'll say it now...I don't understand how people can say Kanye can't rap.

Fire marshals said I took it to the maxx like TJ
    Y'all didn't peep I said Marshall's, we play...

I have to admit though, after a whole day of waiting to come home and DL this, it's pretty underwhelming.

I'm glad it's not all cookedcokecracked out though.

you WOULD spot that one, lol

• haze25haze25 759 Posts
    This shit sounds good, it's like the 99' neptunes on the beat though i'm on the fence about the clipse rhymes. though overall it's a good look, i'm feeling it.

peace,xavier

• This sounds a lot better than the last few things I heard from them.

• May I ask what it is about The Clipse that makes Soul Strutteurs go wild?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I don't know dude, but I think they're good MCs.

Revolutionary, I know.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Perhaps the Clipse are no longer cool on the soulstruts, but these are my dudes and I just have to say:

1. This song is the shit.
    2. Isn't it nice when Kanye actually raps?
    3. DJ Khalil is a beast.

ECCCCH!

Clipse X Kanye - Kinda Like A Big Deal Behind The Scenes from Malice of the Clipse on Vimeo.

-always fun to see them geek out on KAWS
    (apparently Clipse dont watch CBS Sunday Morning cos KAWS did do "that camera thing")

-Kanye signing shoes, freestylin on the steps

-Quotables for days: http://www.maliceoftheclipse.com/

• Love that Malice blog. He's on that edutainment thing.