Leonard Cohen Live

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
we saw him last night and were totally blown away by the man and his amazing band. he did 3 plus hours of hits, some poetry and even some minimalist stuff with just ancient drum machine and keyboard. it was sincere stuff and people around us were weeping at points. some of his lyrics actually made sense to me for the first time when i saw him preform them last night, if that makes any sense.if you get a chance, most definitely shell out for leonard

Comments

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts

If you are a fan of Leonard Cohen, and you can make this happen, make it happen. You will not regret it.

I bought a plane ticket, a concert ticket, and a hotel room in New York to see him at the Beacon Theater in February. It was worth every penny.

Talking so brave and so sweet,
    JRoot

• saw him a few weeks ago. it was amazing.

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    ive got tix to see him here in a few weeks:

http://denver.about.com/od/attractions/ig/Photos-of-Red-Rocks-Park/Red-Rocks--Ampitheatre-.htm

Im expecting miracles.

• ennuiennui 111 Posts
    I saw him on his second night out at the beautiful Paramount Theater in Oakland. Though it was great to see him, and quite moving at times, I was not feeling most of the arrangements; many of his later hits were way too saxy for me. When he did his older songs like "Suzanne" and "Who by Fire" with a stripped-down version of the band or nearly by himself with his acoustic guitar, it was great.
    That said, it was a really nice evening out and I was very happy to add some loot to his retirement fund. He was very charming, funny at times, and made the most gracious exit speech I think I've ever heard at a show. The five encores were getting to be a little much, and I was kind of bummed he didn't end with "Hey, That's No Way to Say Goodbye." How perfect would that have been?

• JRootJRoot 861 Posts
    Long review and commentary on one of the Oakland shows here:
    http://www.salon.com/ent/music/feature/2009/04/17/cohen/index.html