The Public PMs Thread

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
This is not (necessarily) a thread where you put people on blast. Rather, it's a thread where you "Public Message" someone you've never PMed or ask a question that doesn't really merit a PM on its own. I'll start:SoulOnIce: what's up with your avatar? I love that "Robin Hoood" album, but I didn't have you pegged for a Barrington Levy fan. The inclusion of the Strut sticker makes me think it's an inside joke or a reference to something I missed. Also, I enjoy your poasts.Skip_Drinkwater: What name did you used to post under? For a minute, I thought you might be Bsides, but he's still Bsides.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is not (necessarily) a thread where you put people on blast. Rather, it's a thread where you "Public Message" someone you've never PMed or ask a question that doesn't really merit a PM on its own. I'll start:

SoulOnIce: what's up with your avatar? I love that "Robin Hoood" album, but I didn't have you pegged for a Barrington Levy fan. The inclusion of the Strut sticker makes me think it's an inside joke or a reference to something I missed. Also, I enjoy your poasts.

I bought a Sugar Minott LP off the one SOI awhile back, and I know he was also slangin' copies of the Jennifer Lara LP on Studio 1. Don't doze on his reggae game.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

SoulOnIce: what's up with your avatar? I love that "Robin Hoood" album, but I didn't have you pegged for a Barrington Levy fan. The inclusion of the Strut sticker makes me think it's an inside joke or a reference to something I missed. Also, I enjoy your poasts.

Basically, I wanted a Bruins avatar for the playoff run, but did not
    want just a generic team logo gif, so I custom made one with my B's
    hat, the Levy LP that was sitting next to me, and one of my few remaining
    Strut stickers, to keep it record/strut related.

I'm a huge fan of Barrington Levy from that era - I've had the Prison Oval Rock
    LP for years and play it often, and had been after Robin Hood for a long time,
    finally landing a vintage Greensleeves press just a couple of months ago.
    As Faux_Rillz pointed out, I'm a quiet but avid fan of tha_reggaez.

Also, I think you're cute. Don't tell your wife or let her see this thread

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Public PM to SoulOnIce:

I get ur love of the Bruins. Since we're both Orr fans!

And tho I will never cheer for them. This commercial is the funny shit ever...

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    DR. MANHATTIN:

The other day I was reading something and saw a photo of reluctant disco dude Arthur Russell in a teal Members Only lamping uncomfortably between an evening-gowned-down Lola! Love (the gal from the James Brown Revue and from "Go Bang," and yes, she apparently spells it with an exclamation point) and some blazered-up guy in a a black leather pillbox hat and shades, identified in the caption as "Kenneth Str*man." Is dude any kin to you?