Sample ID (I know, I know): NICOLE WRAY R&B jawn

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
So this is a song "If I Was Ur Girlfriend" by Nicole Wray, came out on Roc-A-Fella in 2005 I think. The other night while driving in my car I heard a song that was this sample source. It was at the very end of a record and I didn't catch anything of it. FYI - it was being played on 101.1 CBS FM which is New York's station that plays oldies and Billy Joel and shit like that...05 If I Was Your Girlfriend.mp3 - 4.39MB

Comments

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts

If you're talking the drums, could be anything from Bonnie Raitt to Led Zeppelin to Rhythm Syndicate, but I think this is the one you're seeking, right?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    So this is a song "If I Was Ur Girlfriend" by Nicole Wray, came out on Roc-A-Fella in 2005 I think. The other night while driving in my car I heard a song that was this sample source. It was at the very end of a record and I didn't catch anything of it. FYI - it was being played on 101.1 CBS FM which is New York's station that plays oldies and Billy Joel and shit like that...

05 If I Was Your Girlfriend.mp3 - 4.39MB

This has been a crate staple of mine since it came out (though it never really caught on out here).

Thanks for the mp3, Cosmo. I was too lazy to rip it myself, now it'll be a microwave staple!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn Johmby...I thought you were joking at first! Now I hear that "durnnnh durnnnh durnnnh" sound that I never caught onto before.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Pretty sure what I heard wasn't "Fire" - it was at the very end of the song and it was an exact loop, drums and everything it seemed.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Always thought it was some Barry White production.

Pretty sure what I heard wasn't "Fire" - it was at the very end of the song and it was an exact loop, drums and everything it seemed.

So you're looking for the drums?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    No the Nicole Wray jawn is an exact loop of what I heard on the radio, and it was at the very end of the song. Saying, I don't think it's "Fire" I think it's something else.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Hey cos, you get my pm?

No the Nicole Wray jawn is an exact loop of what I heard on the radio, and it was at the very end of the song. Saying, I don't think it's "Fire" I think it's something else.

OH, okay. Hopefully someone will find out.