What's cooler than cool?

prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central

yeah, that's right, I said it - BURT F*#!ING REYNOLDS

We did a party a while back working the whole Smokey & The Bandit Theme, (just watched this last week - cheesy good fun), and I just finished watching Deliverance.

And dude has been in some shit:

Sharky's Machine
Boogie Nights
Stroker Ace
Striptease
The Longest Yard - both versions
Best Little Whorehouse in Texas
and hommie was in Gunsmoke!!
AND...he played the voice of the alien dad in "Out of This World" - funny story, when I was going to school in LA, I saw him and dude who played Mayor Kyle Applegate from that show chillin in Tower Records in Westwood, BR was wearing jeans, cowboy boots and a PINK EMBROIDERED WESTERN BLAZER!!! that's what's real.

word to Burt....

Comments

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    don't forget

A pre comeback Reybolds at his sweaty best

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts

AYO!

• Sun_FortuneSun_Fortune 1,374 Posts
    dont front, that film is hilarity. I got the dvd you can borrow it.
    Burt Reynolds is the last man -- he sweats, grunts and doesnt take shit from no one. He's got an animal charisma thats insatiable.

dont front, that film is hilarity. I got the dvd you can borrow it.
    Burt Reynolds is the last man -- he sweats, grunts and doesnt take shit from no one. He's got an animal charisma thats insatiable.

so co-sign, I wasn't really frontin on Cop 1/2, I just love that picture...

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Last movie I saw him in was called Without a Paddle. He was on point as usual.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    can't forget cannonball run

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

a'ight?

• THRIFTDIGTHRIFTDIG 36 Posts
    Hooper is my Burt flick of choice

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Dude, I've been saying Burt forever. No one listened. Yes! Burt!

Sharkey's Machine has ninjas.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    can't forget cannonball run

((( right click - Save Picture As... )))

Best part of any Burt Reynolds movie (I mean a "Burt Reynolds Movie," not some ironic cameo BS) is the closing credits...realz headz knowz and all that...

Dude, I've been saying Burt forever. No one listened. Yes! Burt!

I am sooo with you! I'm just glad I wasn't alone on this one.

Taken from imdb.com:

Was drafted by the Baltimore Colts.

In 1968, Burt Reynolds tested for a role in the horror film Rosemary's Baby (1968), but Roman Polanski ended up casting John Cassavetes for the part.

When Francis Ford Coppola decided to make a project about the life of the famous Preston Tucker, he wanted Burt Reynolds to play Tucker.They discussed a lot about the movie and maked plans, but the film never got made, untill 1988, this time with Jeff Bridges with the role. Burt Reynolds only got Lewis Medlock's role in Deliverance (1972) after the stars who were originally choosen to play the lead, such as Marlon Brando, Henry Fonda and 'James Stewart' declined the part, after they heard about the risks of the Chatooga River.

Refused the role that earned Jack Nicholson an Oscar in Terms of Endearment (1983). To this day, Reynolds comments that this was one of his most terrible mistakes. He has also refused the part of James Bond, during the seventies,

Mentioned in the theme song of the pilot version (4 Nov 1981) of the 1980s TV hit "The Fall Guy".

Was the first actor ever asked to guest-host "The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson." Prior to Reynolds, only comedians had been invited. His first guest? Ex-wife Judy Carne, whom he hadn't spoken to in over six years after a very bitter divorce.

Turned down the role of John McClane in "Die Hard". The role went to Bruce Willis.

Hit #88 on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart in 1980 with the song 'Let's Do SOmething Cheap and Superficial' from the film 'Smokey and the Bandit II

I love that they put 'James Stewart' in quotes...

• PSellersPSellers 157 Posts
    I don't hate Burt Reynolds but I think he can sometimes be such an idiot for instance he trashed Boogie Nights before it came out saying that it was such a bad movie then when he found out it was actually good off someone else he was really upset when he didn't win an oscar I am just a hater but I hate his attitide sometimes I feel the guy doesn't have a clue.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I loved him in 'Image Hosted by Tripod'.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Sharkey's Machine was the schitt.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    don't forget

I prefer

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    He goes by Turd Ferguson now.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this was one of the two movies my son rented for his 10th birthday party...
    at least the other one was INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS 70's version.

• emyndemynd 830 Posts
    His reoccuring role in "Friends" was especially compelling.

-e

He goes by Turd Ferguson now.
    heh heh... funny name...

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts