ugliest ALBUM COVER

DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
I found a copy of paul horn,and the cover has a devil with green eyes,jesus its the ugliest thing...but the music is ok

Comments

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    I was in NYC this past weekend -- I looked for you at the Fleas on 26 and 6th.

• which dealer were you most impressed by,which of the four fleas did you go too?
    spanish dude with the dreads did you see'em

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    which dealer were you most impressed by,which of the four fleas did you go too?
    spanish dude with the dreads did you see'em

I was impressed by none of them. There is always the black guy from Connecticut on Ave A with some interesting items. I got a Snatch and the Poontangs off him with a water damaged cover... Overall, though, shit is mid range and overpriced.

• i didnt go this weekend.i went to this spot in jersey and then looked my keys in the car,75 bucks for a dam locks smith.oh yeah ISAAC HAYES "THREE TOUGH GUYS" cause im cheap like that.as far as the on ave.a,never seen him before

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    i didnt go this weekend.i went to this spot in jersey and then looked my keys in the car,75 bucks for a dam locks smith.oh yeah ISAAC HAYES "THREE TOUGH GUYS" cause im cheap like that.as far as the on ave.a,never seen him before

How old are you mang?

• why?mang

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Snatch and the Poontangs

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Snatch and the Poontangs

Johnny & Shuggie Otis, along with Delmar Evans, recorded an album of X-rated blues under that name on the Kent label in '70, in case you're wondering what the fuck this is (don't blame ya).

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Snatch and the Poontangs

Johnny & Shuggie Otis, along with Delmar Evans, recorded an album of X-rated blues under that name on the Kent label in '70, in case you're wondering what the fuck this is (don't blame ya).

How is it? Is it on par with 'Cuttin' Up'? Or that other one they did on Kent w/Johhny flipping the bird?

• z_illaz_illa 867 Posts
    Snatch and the Poontangs

How is it? Is it on par with 'Cuttin' Up'? Or that other one they did on Kent w/Johhny flipping the bird?

I don't like it, don't think I listened a second time... bluesy over the top bad chesse lyrics.

uhh, I mean, it's great ya'll should buy it when raj autcions it.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Snatch and the Poontangs

I don't like it, don't think I listened a second time... bluesy over the top bad chesse lyrics.

uhh, I mean, it's great ya'll should buy it when raj autcions it.

This might be Suggies first recordings. He's like 13 or 14 yo. His guitar playing is deep and sophisticated on this. This is a must have record for blues guitar fans. The lyrical content is often gross and childish. The musical backing is the usual tight LA R&B that Johnny is so great at doing. The original gatefold cover has obscene underground comic style drawings done by Johnny Otis. I'd say it is on par with Cutting Up and the bird one.

If you like funky music look for Preston Love's Omaha Bar-b-q. More or less same line up, but it gets down.

Dan

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Snatch and the Poontangs

{quote] Johnny & Shuggie Otis, along with Delmar Evans, recorded an album of X-rated blues under that name on the Kent label in '70, in case you're wondering what the fuck this is (don't blame ya).

I think one song ("Signifying Monkey") appears on both SNATCH & THE POONTANGS and COLD SHOT (the one from '69 where Johnny gives a middle-finger salute to the camera).

This might be Suggies first recordings. He's like 13 or 14 yo.

According to interviews I've seen with Johnny, the COLD SHOT elpee was Shuggie's first recorded appearance (14 going on 15, I think).

The original gatefold cover has obscene underground comic style drawings done by Johnny Otis.

Now, talk about ugly album covers!!!

While we're talking about Johnny Otis: The Funk Years, who here has heard "Fonkitup," Johnny's 1984 single where he apparently was trying to give the Gap Band a run for the money? It's from his album OTISOLOGY.