McDonalds Game

JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
edited March 2005 in Strut Central
Anybody watch this? It seems like the high school players are getting better every year. A lot of these dudes could actually shoot, which is raer for high school players. Gerald Green was killing it and looks like a NBA lock. He has a nice stroke and unbelievable hops. Seattle dudes and future Huskies Martell Webster and Jon Brockman looked good too. I was also impressed by the guard from Alaksa. He is goin to do damage at Kansas.

Comments

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I missed the game, but did you see the dunk comp where the guy threw the ball up, did a cartwheel, then dunked it?

that was the lamest thing I've ever seen.

• Tuff_GongTuff_Gong 627 Posts
    I watched some of it while I was on the elliptical at the gym, but I honestly didn't know it was a new event. I was thinking they were showing last year's game or something because I hadn't heard it was happening last night. But you know why I hadn't heard about it? I'm a Kentucky fan and Kentucky didn't have any recruits playing in that game. UK had a bumper crop of freshmen come in this season, including 3 McD's All Americans, so we're pretty stocked already and only have one scholarship to give so no players in that game. But what I saw though, the East tearing shit up. The only shame is that a Duke signee won the MVP.

• That White boy had some hotness, the game was good too, can't wait untill next year's college season.

• i didnt get a chance to see the game but i'm really interested in gerald green. the knicks have a legitimate shot at landing him in the draft. he's exactly the type of player isiah would draft - he took a gamble on mcgrady long before drafting high schoolers was en vogue. plus, he's from texas.

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    It seems like the high school players are getting better every year. A lot of these dudes could actually shoot, which is raer for high school players.
    Do you know what kind of dedication it takes to be a high school player these days? 6 hour practices on weekends starting at 7am. Week day morning practices and afternoon practices, tons of games. It's crazy, high school sports are serious these days. My friend is a Coach and he can't hack the hours, no time to acctually tech his science class, these kids have preactically no life outside of ball.

• davesrecordsdavesrecords 1,802 Posts
    Anybody watch this? It seems like the high school players are getting better every year. A lot of these dudes could actually shoot, which is raer for high school players. Gerald Green was killing it and looks like a NBA lock. He has a nice stroke and unbelievable hops. Seattle dudes and future Huskies Martell Webster and Jon Brockman looked good too. I was also impressed by the guard from Alaksa. He is goin to do damage at Kansas.

does anyone know where you can find out what colleges all those guys are going to online ?

i'm wondering if ucla has any recruits there.

seemed like everyone in that game is either going to kansas, uconn or duke. like those teams need any help!

• JacobWizzleJacobWizzle 1,003 Posts
    It seems like the high school players are getting better every year. A lot of these dudes could actually shoot, which is raer for high school players.
    Do you know what kind of dedication it takes to be a high school player these days? 6 hour practices on weekends starting at 7am. Week day morning practices and afternoon practices, tons of games. It's crazy, high school sports are serious these days. My friend is a Coach and he can't hack the hours, no time to acctually tech his science class, these kids have preactically no life outside of ball.

It makes sense seeing how many of these guys are goin pro outta high school.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    Duke is cleaning up though....they got three of those dudes...that one 6 10 kid with the jumper. oof