JACK THE RIPPER.....may have ended in Melbourne...

SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Couple days old but So very excited by this news..."JACK the Ripper???s identity has remained a mystery for more than 120 years but, if Geoff Crawford is right, the murderer was a former Melbourne resident.Dr Crawford, an academic from Templestowe, became interested in the murderer???s tale more than a decade ago and started researching the case for a book.But it wasn???t until about a year ago that Dr Crawford discovered connections between the notorious London murderer and former Windsor resident Frederick Bailey Deeming.According to Dr Crawford, their profiles matched - the known crimes of Deeming, which included a murder he committed while in Melbourne (his third wife), were just as horrific as those committed by Jack the Ripper.And the description of the person last seen with Jack the Ripper???s final victim matched that of Deeming.Between August and October last year, Dr Crawford spent time in London and the village of Rainhill - where Deeming lived before moving to Australia.Dr Crawford met retired university lecturer Alan Richardson, who had studied Deeming for years, and visited sites significant to the lives of both Jack the Ripper in London and Deeming in Rainhill.???It was weird (being there),??? Dr Crawford said. ???It was overwhelming because not only was I in the place where these crimes happened, but I was with Alan, who is an expert on Deeming.???Dr Crawford visited the site of Deeming???s old house, Dinham Villa, where the remains of his young family and first wife were found buried under a concrete kitchen floor, as well as the hotels and shops he used to visit.Dr Crawford also visited the five Whitechapel sites where Jack the Ripper murdered prostitutes in 1888.???Jack the Ripper is a fascinating topic,??? Dr Crawford said.???He walked out of the door (after killing his last victim) and walked into history in November 1888.???Deeming was hanged at the Old Melbourne Gaol in 1892.Dr Crawford said he was sure Deeming was Jack the Ripper, but said he needed more evidence before he could prove it.He said he would like to get DNA extracted from Deeming???s skull, which is located in Australia, to see if it matches DNA found on letters written by Jack the Ripper.If he can, he could solve one of the world???s most famous mysteries.In August, the Courier Mail reported sleuths had suggested a grave site in Brisbane might be the final resting place of Jack the Ripper.'http://manningham-leader.whereilive.com.au/lifestyle/story/new-light-on-riddle-of-ripper/

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Interesting stuff. I'd like to see how it turns out.

Then he can move onto the case of the mysterious one armed man.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Not wishing to piss on the parade or anything but if I had a penny for everytime the real identity of the ripper was revealed .........

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    yes, yes. i know, i know!! but this is a really strong chance!! No more piss on my parade plaese......this is the best news i've read in yonks!! So sad but true.....now i will 'booooooooo' your cynicism in the nicest possible way!! 'booooo'.....