GANGLAND on History Channel Appreciation

2»

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    the subject matter is obviously really, really interesting but this show is ehhhhhh. they seem way more concerned with the "look" of the show than the content. lots of "scene teased at outset of episode, scene teased before commercial break, scene finally actually shown, scene recapped after commercial break, etc." lots of flash and serious-sounding narration; very little info. these episodes could be boiled down to about ten minutes.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    i love what i learn but that is only about 10 minutes indeed
    the rest is 'the gruesome murder of this guy'

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    I forget which episode it was, believe it may have been an Atlanta gang but there was some dude named Little Bear who got shot maybe eight times and was in a coma for a long while. He had this Velcro-strapped harness keeping his plastic insides in check; he unstrapped at the end of the show at it was seriously some of the most hardcore shit I ever ever seen on TV -- the wounds just decimated this kid, with his stomach falling out like a loose bag. Anyone else catch that one?

I saw this episode and I will tell you that the latino gang they spoke about is all over the county I live in.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Off tangentish.... I just read a good article in RALPH magazine about US Street Gangs in Iraq(and infiltrating the US Army in general)
    With Gangster Disciples apparently very entrenched and tagging up parts of Iraq with gang signs (which I found funny cus they use the Star of David...so im wondering what the locals think about that!!!)....

Anyone seen/know more about this? The article was just basic/summary, but I want to know more about it...

• elgin the singer for wrecking crew... when ?

that'd be glen dudley.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

elgin the singer for wrecking crew... when ?

that'd be glen dudley.

Elgin is Nathan, the second Wrecking Crew singer.

Never was a big fan of post-Dudley Wrecking Crew, though.

The "nazi skinhead" presence at Boston hardcore shows is way
    overplayed in that story. There were a couple of so-called nazis
    on the scene and they were routinely beat down or chased off by
    regular, non-gangster scene members. Nobody was scared of these
    "nazis" but EVERYONE was scared of FSU, because they would just
    beat people down without provocation. Pits became off-limits to
    anyone but FSU affiliates or those too ignorant to realize they
    were probably going to get their jaw broken just for being there.

Whatever, I never had too much trouble with these dudes, Nathan was
    always cool with me (he was the one that pulled me out of that beating
    described above) but this mytholgy that has built around them is absurd.

And Glen Dudley and I play hockey together every Monday. So there can
    be no doubt which Wrecking Crew vocalist is number one in my book

• PlantweedPlantweed 394 Posts
    the subject matter is obviously really, really interesting but this show is ehhhhhh. they seem way more concerned with the "look" of the show than the content. lots of "scene teased at outset of episode, scene teased before commercial break, scene finally actually shown, scene recapped after commercial break, etc." lots of flash and serious-sounding narration; very little info. these episodes could be boiled down to about ten minutes.

Unfortunately this has become the norm for documentary TV. Lots of sizzle, a little steak.