Electro/L.A. hip-hop heads

unkarufusunkarufus 104 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I'm doing a doc on L.A. hip-hop pre-NWA and am interviewing the following cats this weekend:Byron Davis (I'm Just A Player, My Hands Are Quicker Than The Eye)Al from Groovetime Records (landmark Inland Empire record store and label) DJ Antron (Brothers Supreme, Swami Scratch, Earthquake)M-Walk (KDAY mixmaster)DJ Ralph M (KDA mixmaster)Tony G (KDAY mixmaster)Greg Mack (KDAY/ Mack Attack)Have any questions you wanna ask? Anyone in here from that era/scene? Let me know. We've interviewed a few artists and label owners/workers from the time already and and are scheduling more. I'd like to get accounts not just from the artists and label staff but fans and people who remember the era. thanks,drew

Comments

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Sounds nice. Good luck man.

• definately let me know when this is finished. sounds great!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Ask questions about Macola.

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Byron Davis ( My Hands Are Quicker Than The Eye)

Damn man that track was the shit back then.
    John Peel played it on his radio show (BBC Radio 1) back when it dropped and to most UK heads who were into shit back then that was the joint!
    I know a couple of guys who haven???t been into hip hop (or anything remotely cool) since the 80???s and I bet they could still rap that tune word for word.