I just saw Roy Ayers live ...

spcspc 534 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
He just played in Heidelberg, Germany. Two hours and 22 EUROs very good invested with lots of improvising and stuff. ... and a very short video: Roy Ayers Live

Comments

• I saw him in queens last summer and it was a nice show. "We live in Queens baby" He did call and response replacing "brooklyn" with queens but it was still all good

• spcspc 534 Posts
    He did call and response replacing "brooklyn" with queens but it was still all good
    The same with Heidelberg here the people liked it.

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    yes, he did "we live in Brisbane baby" out in Australia... damn! he must wear the same get up every show he does... great perfomer...

oh, do you live in heidelberg? i love that place, used to eat those turkey kebabs and fries all day..., i remember treking up to that castle too... my homegirl Karin used to run a hip-hop promotion company there, she lives in Berlin now. Do you know the store "Vinyl Only"... if so, say "hi" to Tomas from Bevan...

peace.

• spcspc 534 Posts
    yes, he did "we live in Brisbane baby" out in Australia... damn! he must wear the same get up every show he does... great perfomer...

oh, do you live in heidelberg? i love that place, used to eat those turkey kebabs and fries all day..., i remember treking up to that castle too... my homegirl Karin used to run a hip-hop promotion company there, she lives in Berlin now. Do you know the store "Vinyl Only"... if so, say "hi" to Tomas from Bevan...

peace.

I live in Mannheim, that's just next to Heidelberg.
    Yes, I know Karin. I was also doing stuff for the magazine she and her friend Mat were running "back in the days". They were the ones who took me with them to hiphop jams, introduced me to funk and lots of other stuff. Without them I would perhaps still sit in my room and don't know of anything
    If I can remember right, you and me were talking on the irc once, but that must have been '96/'97 or so. And if Karin once sent you a vhs tape with hiphop content and there were "strange" intermission on it, then I was the one responsible for it, because I copied it. I heard you didn't find it that much funny, sorry for that.

• TabaskoTabasko 1,357 Posts
    Did you take those pics yourself?
    Were you on stage or something?

• spcspc 534 Posts
    Did you take those pics yourself?
    Were you on stage or something?

Yes I did. I wasn't on stage, I was standing perhaps a meter away from it. The venue was pretty small, so it was no problem to get near.

• leisurebanditleisurebandit 1,006 Posts
    I saw him a coupla months ago, he did the same thing with 'we live in [my hometown] baby'. Great show