DOWNLOAD radio special w/ Oneness of Juju

SoulpowerSoulpower 204 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Radio show blogs in the Announcement section don't draw too much attention, so I'm gonna just post it here.Plunky[/b] of Oneness of Juju[/b] will join us live in the studio for our weekly radio show Midnight Soulstice[/b] this Friday, April 17th, for two hours to talk about his music and play much of it. You can tune in from 11 pm ??? 1 am Eastern Time and listen online at www.wrir.org If you're in Richmond, turn your dial to 97.3 fm.Plunky isn't our first guest on Midnight Soulstice ??? in recent months we've had Fred WesleyLeroy HutsonThe New BirthMandrillRAMPLonnie Liston Smith[/b] and Marva Whitney[/b]on our show, with many more artists to come. For downloads of our archived shows go to http://wrir.org/x/modules/news/index.php?storytopic=142 or visit www.myspace.com/midnightsoulstice

Comments

• SoulpowerSoulpower 204 Posts
    Show ... airs ... tonight!

show goes on air in less than 10 minutes at 11 pm EST ..
    listen online www.wrir.org

And here the link to the download for last night's show ... it was pretty deep ...

http://wrir.org/x/modules/news/article.php?storyid=9600

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    listened last night. really cool show. Interesting to hear the history of Juju.
    Are you Dj Pari who is a friend of DJ Orb from L.A.? He's mentioned you a lot over the years.

Yeah, man. Orb and I go waaaaay back. I'm gonna come out to L.A. soon, haven't seen him in four years.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Orb has hipped me to so much great music over the years. I also listened to that Leroy Hutson interview on your show. That story about writing 'the ghetto' w/ Donny was

Yeah, that Leroy interview was insane because it was his first in over two decades. :lol:

Orb and I promoted a club night in Venice back in '96. We brought back Mandrill, and we had Ozomatli and the Black Eyed Peas play there a whole bunch of times, when both were still underground. Fun days. And yeah, Orb hipped me to a lot of music, too. It's always fun playing with him. Great guy.