Anyone do affiliate ads/sales? Just curious.

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Wondering what your experiences are.

Comments

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    I use Amazon affiliate links for records featured on the site. Seemed to make sense as I always featured a purchase link where possible anyway.

Sadly I got on the bandwagon well after my peak in traffic (and after all the album blogs popped up) and in the 6-8 months I've been doing it I have generated exactly 0 sales from albums featured.

However you still got a cut if someone buys something else after visiting the site through your link and have made a nice few dollars here and there through people visiting the site and then buying TVs, books etc.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    I use Amazon affiliate links for records featured on the site. Seemed to make sense as I always featured a purchase link where possible anyway.

Sadly I got on the bandwagon well after my peak in traffic (and after all the album blogs popped up) and in the 6-8 months I've been doing it I have generated exactly 0 sales from albums featured.

However you still got a cut if someone buys something else after visiting the site through your link and have made a nice few dollars here and there through people visiting the site and then buying TVs, books etc.

Hmm that's pretty cool! Yeah I think Amazon cookies are good for 24 hours...

You try eBay? They have an affiliate program as well. Dunno if it will help you convert sales any better but seems like the record crowd would be more likely to go browsing and buy there than Amazon.

• That's part of what I do for a living.
    Pays the bills, and then some.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    That's part of what I do for a living.
    Pays the bills, and then some.

That's pretty cool. Not to invade your deal you have going, but what type of stuff do you do and how do you do it (generally speaking if you don't want to be specific)?

• Check your PM's.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Hmm that's pretty cool! Yeah I think Amazon cookies are good for 24 hours...

You try eBay? They have an affiliate program as well. Dunno if it will help you convert sales any better but seems like the record crowd would be more likely to go browsing and buy there than Amazon.

Hmm never occurred to me - I always assumed you would have to link to certain records so never bothered investigating in detail. Will have to check it out.