String Quartet Tribute to The Smiths

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Anyone else like this album? I'm diggin' the "This Charming Man" cover:

Comments

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    Bonkers!! I been listening to the smiths all morning.......and yesterday too!! Trying to convert my cousins lil tackas!!
    Haven't heard this tho....

• Anyone else like this album? I'm diggin' the "This Charming Man" cover:

For me, 90% of listening to the Smiths is Morrissey singing -- without him, it just doesn't get me too excited. Does sound on point... If they could him to sing over the string versions, then

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    i just saw morrisey tonight.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts

For me, 90% of listening to the Smiths is Morrissey singing Johnny Marr

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Reynaldo, this thread is kinda soft bro.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Yeah, I grabbed that String Quartet Tribute a few year back. Alot of their tribute's to bands ain't that great. But the Smiths one is pretty decent.

And I'm sorry, but the Smiths are nothing without Moz or Marr. Take one out and they are lacking in a major way. While both are great, without one or the other, the smith ain't anything close to what they became. They both wrote most of the songs together. And Marr is a brilliant guitarist.

Funny hearing Noel Gallagher talkin about Marr like he's the greatest. I didn't think that dude gave props to anyone.

Man, look at Mozzer when he was a kid. Giant nerd... Dude still has massive amounts of fans throwin' roses and their underwear on stage and is still treated like a gawd.

Reynaldo, this thread is kinda soft bro.

Some of the smiths lyrics is more gangsta than alot of rap...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Im still waiting for someone to rhyme of HOW SOON IS NOW?

Im still waiting for someone to rhyme of HOW SOON IS NOW?

• hermes1hermes1 109 Posts
    i dont post here often, but the fact that reynaldo started this thread... i ride.