Maxine Brown

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Been listening to this one alot lately. Can anyone recommend anything else by her? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    any of her sides on the Wand label

also: "all in my mind," an early hit on the Nomar label that I THINK appears on any of her "greatest hits" compilations (there are now several)

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    i really like her wand stuff. i have one on nomar. not sure which one, which means i wasnt too impressed with it.

"All In My Mind" is the only Maxine track on Nomar I've heard that left a positive impression on me. The picture got better after she moved over to Wand.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    thats the one i got. i just relistened to it, its not bad i guess. not sure if this was a duet lp but this 45 on wand is nice too. in my mind i imagine it on a duet album though.

Chuck and Maxine had two duet albums on Wand.

The album seen in the Youtube clip above was a '90s compilation on Ichiban, in their "Soul Classics" reissue series.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Cosine on the Wand releases featuring the best of her output.

The 45 It's Torture is a superb track. Would post a youtube clip but it's banned at my workplace.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Check her 'We'll cry together' LP on Commonwealth, where her decent version of Marie 'Queenie' Lyons' 'See and don't see' is hidden away.