Mac-mergency - Kernal Panic won't boot

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Long story short...I was updating my daughter's computer and shut it off mid-update (I know, I know - this is the short story here). Bottom line is, now I get this on start up with a grey screen and a bunch of code in the backI loaded the OS disk and that schitt did nothing but get stuck (I got it out holding down the mouse & eject button on reboot). This thing looks fucked. Any and all help would be appreciated!

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Pretty sure there is a key to hold down when you pop in the OS disk...hold up lemme look it up...

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Try holding down the C key. Or then if that doesn't work try alt and option at the same time and you should be able to select the startup disk.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I wouldn't completely worry yet. Take it to an apple store and have a "genius" look at it. They'll do it for free. I had a good experience there. I ended up not having them do the repair, but took his free advice and used ifixit.com to figure out how to replace a hard drive on a mac mini.

I bet they can help you though.

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks guys. I'm gonna try to get this up and running in the AM. I shall keep thy posted.