Anyone ride for Rhapsody???

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
So does anyone use this service?Just had to get a subscription to do some research for work, seems pretty cool. I put in some pretty obscure searches and was somewhat impressed with the results. Anyone feeling it, or got any tips to share?Yes I have records, this is for work. They have lots of music...

Comments

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    post your searches or you are soft.

I paid to be a Musicmatch user FOR LIFE but I guess that ended when Rhapsody bought them, so they get stinkface from me.

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    I downloaded Realplayer once & now I'm damned to endless Rhapsody pop-ups of pneumatic British Page 3 skanks?

ugh

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    I paid to be a Musicmatch user FOR LIFE

Ouch, I'd be salty too...

Just searching for stuff thats been on the table/rotation in the last week, Little Beaver (they had 6 albums including Party Down), Milton Wright (2 tracks, both on comps), Hugh Masekela (nice varied collection, lots of albums), Eddie Kendricks (mostly Greatest Hits comps, also the double CD, 4 album reish with People Hold On), UGK (nearly the whole main discography), Kenny Dope's P&P comp. Came up short on Poor Righteous Teachers (only a rarities comp), Weldon Irvine (only 'Morning Sunrise' courtesy of Soul Sides vol 1.), Candi Staton (mostly later albums and comps)...

Nothing crazy, pretty basic stuff, but selection was generally a little better than I expected...

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    Even one Weldon Irvine song would be more than expected.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts
    i use rhapsody every day, have been doing so for almost 5 years now.

but always in conjunction with this bad boy:
    http://applian.com/replay-music/

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    I paid to be a Musicmatch user FOR LIFE

Ouch, I'd be salty too...

It was $35 but it's the principle.

I think all the stuff you mention has had a legit re-issue in the last few years. If you go into your local indiecollegehispter record store you will be amazed by the amount of raer you can buy for 9.99 a pop. Motown shit costs extra.