70's reggae 12" mix

p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
did a mix of reggae 12"s from 1976 onwards.... (as far as i know there are none from previous to 76!)... been really digging on the dub styles you hear on 12"s, as opposed to albums or 7"s, it's a totally different approach... there is this window from like 76-79 where you get real roots style, but in a 12" format... two nice tracks on the Guiding Star riddim here...Long Trime I Don't Smoke No Herb- Blue BoyWrite Me Your Resume- Keith HudsonMr. Bossman- Linval ThompsonDisco Devil- Lee Perry and the Full Experiences (repress!)Jah Jah Star- I-RoyZambia Connection- Prince Tony All StarsSoul and Devotion- Barbara Jones and TrinityHow Can I Leave- Jackie ParisNever Stay Away- Winston GrooveyCheck For You Once Girl- Edi FitzroyDreadlocks Affair- Jah WooshPiece of The Action- Copie Copewell http://www.divshare.com/download/6981443-f1b

Comments

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    that disco devil went for a nice chunk of change a few weeks ago. good stuff on the mix

the Joe Gibbs 12" from that era are some of my fave. some nice vocal and DJ tracks ( dennis brown, jacob miller, junior murvin etc)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    amazing stuff thanks for this it is the sunshine to my otherwise rainy day

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    listening spacing out now. Nice.

Yeah WTF is up with this weather shit? March and April happening at the same time here.

• nice -- I've been meaning to do a similar kind of mix for over a year now. I'll dub out to this in the mean time.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts

Yeah WTF is up with this weather shit? March and April happening at the same time here.

i bought the record that opens up the mix from you!

shit is ungooglable actually... a local BK thing...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

i bought the record that opens up the mix from you!

shit is ungooglable actually... a local BK thing...

haha That was my pre-74 only phase.

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    that disco devil went for a nice chunk of change a few weeks ago. good stuff on the mix

the Joe Gibbs 12" from that era are some of my fave. some nice vocal and DJ tracks ( dennis brown, jacob miller, junior murvin etc)

i was going to put "boxing wild", the dub side from Cornell Campbell's "boxing around" produced by joe gibbs on here, but decided it was too 80's...

one of the craziest dubs i know off.... synthe squiggles for days...