Record store question

BelsonBelson 880 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
Does anybody know if Toad Hall Records and Books is still in existence, located at Broadway, Illinois?It's been a while since I went, and then the owner looked like he was very ill.Anybody know? Thanks.........G

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Switchboard.com can find no Broadway, IL.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Here's the full address -

TOAD HALL BOOKS, 2106 BROADWAY, ROCKFORD, IL 61104

Any ideas - I've tried calling, but nada so far.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Here's the full address -

TOAD HALL BOOKS, 2106 BROADWAY, ROCKFORD, IL 61104

Any ideas - I've tried calling, but nada so far.

That's Meatyogre's backyard.

• They are no longer in business.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    They are no longer in business.

That's what I figured. Thanks.........G

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    y'all took him out!

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    yeah, sadly the owner Shirley died last month. R.I.P. and goodbye to the one thing Rockford had going for it. If you're coming out that way Belson, feel free to hit me up.

Meaty

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    Apparently the whole store is going up for auction sometime soon along with the house. One of you vintage jazz dudes might want to throw down on it... though that store was hella tapped for good vinyl over the years.. and I know some Japanese fellas came in a few months ago and spent large sums on alot of the good jazz.

• BelsonBelson 880 Posts
    Apparently the whole store is going up for auction sometime soon along with the house. One of you vintage jazz dudes might want to throw down on it... though that store was hella tapped for good vinyl over the years.. and I know some Japanese fellas came in a few months ago and spent large sums on alot of the good jazz.

Yeah RIP for Shirley - the last time I was there, the dude was still running the store, from his wheelchair - clearly the poor fellow didn't last much longer.

And they're auctioning the store *and* house - damn, that still must be some inventory. Somebody's going to get themselves a bargain.

Thanks again, guys.

• debardebar 215 Posts
    on a related note, anyone from the chiburbs ever frequent Sound Investment in Plainfield? I just found out they closed 8-9 months ago.