Covers with NANI

BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
Come on, it was the logical next step but someone chickened out.

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Of course this one...

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    haha maybe it's my monitor but that one looks fuzzy. Can someone post the back cover of SLINGSHOT instead of the front?

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    and of course this one

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    NSFW[/b]

???

Getting closer...

Ahh, there we are. And with some schlong for good measure.

BTW something's not right about schlong guy's face. Looks too small for the body. Maybe a cut & paste?

[insert schlong size joke here]

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Walking through the Sears and GC Murphy's in Crabtree Valley Mall as a 10-year-old circa 1980 I remember seeing this in the racks and checking out the wraparound cover:

At the same time, this is what I'd see in the cutout bins:

Subtle.

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    about to get rid of a stack of these holidays in the mediterranean-ish lps, 9 outta 10 are total crap music wise but cover wise 9 outta 10 are......

about to get rid of a stack of these holidays in the mediterranean-ish lps, 9 outta 10 are total crap music wise but cover wise 9 outta 10 are......

I always feel a little gross when I'm like "Yeah, that chick is hot!" only to do the calculations and be like, "And yeah, she's like 65 now!"

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    yeah, heres another 65 year old

• ageage 1,131 Posts

• minneapminneap 541 Posts
    I know this isn't quite right but I can't resist posting this whenever there's talk about album covers. So.....

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    BTW something's not right about schlong guy's face. Looks too small for the body. Maybe a cut & paste?

[insert schlong size joke here]

good ol Rudy Ray, taking credit for something he didnt, ah.. produce. Rudy was a photoshop pioneer!

I like the reviews.

The OK Computer of Bear Rap albums.

Best Track: "Intro"

Second, the cover art. This cover has become infamous, and for good reason. Big Bear the rapper obviously identifies with the big bears of the animal kingdom, but instead of trying to emulate them, he attempts to make them like him. Is it egotism? Is it zoophilia? Will we ever know? I don't believe so. But perhaps there is something more to this cover. Perhaps, by calling himself Big Bear, and by taking the big bears on the cover and making them look like him, he is making a very important statement about how similar all of us on this earth really are.

Third, the music. This music is not very good.

"I'm doin' thangs." translated out of pimp speak, this means raping my prostitutes with honey-comb-bee-sticker things. or just sticky dildos.

I haven't felt this bad about buying into a bad joke since watching Snakes on a Plane. This is why it's a good thing that not everyone's voice will be heard and why it's a good idea to photoshop pimped out bears on your album cover.

ou really have to hear this to believe it. Where else are you going to hear choruses worth of a Nick Jr. special? (CAN YOU CHOP IT?! WE CAN CHOP IT!) Where else are you going to hear the most hysterically nonsensical lyrics this side of a Bob Dylan album, only these words are being spat out by a portly rapper who associates with leisure suit wearing bears?

There's a heck of a lot of fish, berries 'n' nuts - so one can only assume that it's Thanksgiving 'n' this kind rapper is providing gentle hospitality for his grizzly buddies. What a fine role model, this Big Bear fellow!

Uncontested best album art.
    Rap skills low. Very low.

Actually I think this really deserves it's own post.

• minimini 879 Posts