NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central
for real

Comments

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    HOW WUZ IT PAKKAGED!?!

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    HOW WUZ IT PAKKAGED!?!

Very well by none other than the Vallejo Ballur himself Fairybelle74 aka Nix74 aka JTorro.

Not sure what happend.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Damn, it wasn't even a long trip right?
    I can't imagine what that poor record went through.
    Condolences.

Sell on trade board:
    Jacket EX, Record EX aside from skip on first song/each side.

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    ouch i feel for you that happened to me a while back, only mine was a direct result of poor packaging

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    Damn, it wasn't even a long trip right?
    I can't imagine what that poor record went through.
    Condolences.

Sell on trade board:
    Jacket EX, Record EX aside from skip on first song/each side.

I think once it passed through Richmond something happend. It was packaged like a champ but streetz don't care about no damn vinylz.

Who needs a Sleeve for this LP?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Justin ain't from Vallejo!

(he's from San Mateo like Kingmoist)

• "hi there. just got these records. is there insurance on priority shipments? sorry but your "professional" pkg job left a lot to be desired---no inserts whatsoever just thrown in a flimsy box. well every corner of the box is split open so every corner of every record cover is beat to hell. really thought you would do alittle better with the packing job--i know u cant control what happens in the postal service but u have to realize that pkgs arent handed from one person to another. i know these all werent expensive records but i didnt buy them to have them mistreated before i got them--i paid a lot of money for these after shipping i expected them to arrive in a well pkgd carton and they did not. i have never received records that werent bubble wrapped as well inside or foam boarded or cardboard at least. except the idiots that put records in oversize envelopes. maybe u overlooked this box?"

sometimes shit just happens

• at the same time though, this dude won a bunch of his records and his box was tight, so IMO didnt need "inserts, bubble wrap, or cardboard". especially not 10 99 cent records

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Justin ain't from Vallejo!

(he's from San Francisco)

ive only had two records break in all my years of shipping vinyl:

EW Wainwright
    Heaven Sent & Ecstacy

why cant my $5 LPs break in the mail and it has to be multi hundred dollar pieces?!?! oh well...

• I think once it passed through Richmond something happend. It was packaged like a champ but streetz don't care 'bout a goddamn thing[/b].

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    daaaaaaamn thats wack......
    no recourse with the postal service?
    "yo, i want every one of your california employees to check if they got an intact wainwright LP in their families collections"

• ive only had one record break in all my years of shipping vinyl:

Chicago - 13

• ArksArks 133 Posts
    his box was tight

Not that I'm making light of receiving poorly packed raers. That shit sucks.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I received this one in the mail just yesterday.

Lucky it wasn't too raer?

• tomasltomasl 315 Posts
    hopefully the break is on the 2/3's side.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yeah, I've only had one in many years of eBay. It was the Ambertones 45. Not very expensive, but I was psyched to have it.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Haven't had any before of since but in 2007 I received THREE broken records in the mail within about 6 months. I was beginning to think I'd made someone at my post office angry.

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Damn Nate, that sucks.
    Over the yrs I've received a sealed Magnum:Fully Loaded with a 3" chunk out of it and a Roy Meriwhether: Nubian Lady, cracked in half. I got my $$ back for the Magnum LP, though I don't buy sealed no more, didn't get the cash for the Nubian Lady.
    Makes ya all for a while

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Haven't had any before of since but in 2007 I received THREE broken records in the mail within about 6 months. I was beginning to think I'd made someone at my post office angry.

Up until my recent forced departure from the financial field, I used to FedEx confidential financial documents and checks (like 5, 6, or occasionally 7 digit checks) constantly (maybe 10 or so a day depending). In no way, shape, or form would we ever, evereverevereverever send anything via the USPS. The only thing we would use the USPS for was to mail out general forms like statements or change of address forms.

And I will say I never had Fedex lose one. Not one.

This was FedEx Express, not Ground.

I've generally found that most businesses that are sending out anything "important" will not use USPS.

So I guess the moral of the story is sometimes USPS is a little cheaper (maybe, like media mail) but if it's something you value (like bloodshitting raer) it may be better to use Fedex. And Express at that.

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    I received this one in the mail just yesterday.

Lucky it wasn't too raer?

Let the bidding begin.