Went to look at a collection tomorrow

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited April 2009 in Strut Central

Comments

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    LOLZ. Those purple label capitol 45s are the death knell of my pre-collection boner.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Go after the Iron collection. By which I mean, the value of the scrap metal in those old irons probably exceeds the value of the records.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Yeah I get so damn tired of these. But I did find this in the same kind of collection:

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    that's awesome that after SS gets their foot in the door, they get get salty after realizing their precious time has been wasted.

I want to understand the allure of Andy Williams. Really. But I can't. I saw a dude actually buying some Mantavoni and Mitch Miller at the Goodwill one day and I was so fascinated, I started lurking an gawking at him like I was that old dude from Death in Venice. I just wanted to understand. It's so mysterious.

yeah, i used to get mad at people for having shitty records. especially knowing they bought them when this was also sitting in the store:

at least my grandchildren won't have to deal with mountains of shitty music from my generation since it will all probably just be deleted.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

at least my grandchildren won't have to deal with mountains of shitty music from my generation since it will all probably just be deleted.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    I saw a dude actually buying some Mantavoni and Mitch Miller at the Goodwill

We need more people like this.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    How much for the sofa?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I want to understand the allure of Andy Williams. Really. But I can't. I saw a dude actually buying some Mantavoni and Mitch Miller at the Goodwill one day and I was so fascinated, I started lurking an gawking at him like I was that old dude from Death in Venice. I just wanted to understand. It's so mysterious.

My father in law loves this kind of stuff.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    FATBACK

DUCK HUNT!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    LOLZ. Those purple label capitol 45s are the death knell of my pre-collection boner.

esp. when you're hoping that at least ONE of them will be by Gene Vincent, Esquerita or Ella Mae Morse or someone else cool who was on Capitol at the time...and it winds up being some goofy "pop" record

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Went[/b] to look at a collection tomorrow[/b]

Wait. What? Next level time travel digging related.

FATBACK

OMG. I could line up console players from here to DC and back. But I def holler at some crab ashtrays!

• SelinaKyle83SelinaKyle83 1,042 Posts
    Went[/b] to look at a collection tomorrow[/b]

Wait. What? Next level time travel digging related.

That's what i'm stuck on.......was melting my mind entirely, this early in the morn........cookoo

• FATBACK

OMG. I could line up console players from here to DC and back. But I def holler at some crab ashtrays!

don't sleep on the crystal pineapple--literally or figuratively.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Off tangentish...
    you know all those old shit records you always see in the dollar bins and then once in a while they are gone, you wonder who the F*ck bought that shit?

I walked into a dollar bin spot yesterday and there was a grandmother (at least 75 years old) digging hard, had a pile on the side and was pulling out mad old timer heat (or so i figured cus she had that a big smile)....

Wish I had my camera, that would have been an inspirational shot...and yes grandma was keeping it real, kneeling donw over the crates on the floor!!!

• ladydayladyday 623 Posts
    mad old timer heat

mad old timer heat

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Dude buys an arm load of these every recordshow. Makes some seller very happy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    FATBACK

The ducks, the crab, the console, Ethan Allen sofa and table.
    I would swear that was my inlaws.
    Maryland all the way.

Only my inlaw's console is green and has an 8 track player.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts

This just shows how spoiled we are as rich Americans. There are starving people in Africa who would love to spin Mitch Miller and Mantovani and never get the chance. You think of that the next time you pooh-pooh those records at Goodwill.

• willie_fugalwillie_fugal 1,862 Posts

This just shows how spoiled we are as rich Americans. There are starving people in Africa who would love to spin Mitch Miller and Mantovani and never get the chance. You think of that the next time you pooh-pooh those records at Goodwill.

instead those two poor tragic dudes right there have to sit and listen to piles and piles of mint orchestre poly-rhythmo and nigerian disco-boogie 45s

• selperfugeselperfuge 1,165 Posts
    listen to piles and piles of mint

mad old timer heat

It that one Sloberdobber?

Now he just wears the suit for fun.

HOT WIFE: "Hi, Peter, I'd like you to talk to my lawyer"

Is that tweed? Only liberals wear tweed.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts

instead those two poor tragic dudes right there have to sit and listen to sell Frank[/b] piles and piles of mint orchestre poly-rhythmo and nigerian disco-boogie 45s