Joaquin Phoenix as.....Johnny Cash!?

2»

Comments

• you think that's bad, look at a production still

Anyone who looks more like Tobey Maguire than Johnny Cash shouldn't be playing Johnny Cash.

no. he does not look like tobey maguire.

no? how about here?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts
    Who would have played a good Cash?

Chris Isaak? Lyle Lovett? Jamie Foxx, he's a great mimic, singer and musician. He looks no less like Johnny Cash than Phoenix does.

Dan

I'm telling you...Bruce Campbell, it's a no brainer.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    the cover said it all to me... i didn't rent it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    you think that's bad, look at a production still

Anyone who looks more like Tobey Maguire than Johnny Cash shouldn't be playing Johnny Cash.

no. he does not look like tobey maguire.

no? how about here?

no.

that could be anybody!

i know what you're saying, but maguire's features are too baby-soft, you know?

i can't believe we have taken this conversation this far!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts

Maybe Chris Isaak... But I can't stand that guy. And I think JP's acting is far greater than his would be. But maybe...

• i can't believe we have taken this conversation this far!

yeah, completely unnecessary. I guess its the profile where I see the similarity. For my own sense of dignity, that's the last I mention of it.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i can't believe we have taken this conversation this far!

yeah, completely unnecessary. I guess its the profile where I see the similarity. For my own sense of dignity, that's the last I mention of it.

i concur.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

umm...he may not be johnny cash but he's not hard on the eyes either.

Several women I know are having a hard time keeping it together upon hearing of Phoenix' role in this movie.

I was gonna ask, I mean it is hollywood, as a producer I would think this is a no-brainer. Who else would have been good?

Yeah man...

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

GROOVY

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Morrissey meets Hank Azaria?

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts

umm...he may not be johnny cash but he's not hard on the eyes either.

But let's be real. This is the kind of guy that women say is cute when he's a movie star that's related to River. But if he was a janitor women would be scared of him and never give him the time of day.

Johnny D was way to short and cute to be Hunter, but his acting was dead on so it worked for me. I don't toally expect the actor to be a replica of the real person if they do a good acting job.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    they shoulda got Billy Cruddup for the younger cash and then switch to Ron Perlman for the later days.

that would be a good movie.