own any 'famous' records??

knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I just read about a record collector who bought Jimi Hendrix's record collection(had nothing crazy in it by the way). Im curious though, does anyone here have anything like this? or a record that was actually sampled for something?

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I bought John Voight's LPs awhile back......

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    I own a few records that belonged to Orlann Divo.

• dCastillodCastillo 1,963 Posts
    I own a record previously owned by Kwame of the Arkestra.

• Options

Not really that famous, but the latest SOundway Records 45 was mastered off my vinyl (as was RIchard Stoute's "Vehicle" my discovery way back when).

K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I think a couple of the NYC guys (Delay and CrazyPopRock) have a couple things out of Breakbeat Lenny's collection...

:/

Academy had a lot of his break 45s... ie "Last Night Changed It All", "Shack Up", etc. All thrashed but cool for the historical significance.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I just read about a record collector who bought Jimi Hendrix's record collection(had nothing crazy in it by the way). Im curious though, does anyone here have anything like this? or a record that was actually sampled for something?

Check out the recent Legendary Story post.

Dan

• I have Ramsey Lewis's copy of Lemuria, as autographed to him
    personally by one of the lady singers.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Doesn't someone here own god's copy of "Endless Flight"?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I have Willie Mitchell's copies of Archie Bell's "tighten Up" LP and Blue Mitchell "Blue's Blues" LP.

• i bought richard blades disco collection... it was " ghey " as you guys would say.

i know the guy who bought jimi hendrix's record collection. word was it sucked.

ap

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    That would be me. Raj gave it to me when I became a moderator.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    That would be me.

ahhhh.... good work!

• I have Willie Mitchell's copies of Archie Bell's "tighten Up" LP and Blue Mitchell "Blue's Blues" LP.

Nice. I have a few of Willie Mitchell's jazz LP's as well.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I have two Unsane records autographed by Dario Argento.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I think a couple of the NYC guys (Delay and CrazyPopRock) have a couple things out of Breakbeat Lenny's collection...

Academy had a lot of his break 45s... ie "Last Night Changed It All", "Shack Up", etc. All thrashed but cool for the historical significance.

nothing thrashed at all... I got "hector" and "last night changed it all." I'd be willing to bet that at least one of them got used on UBBs. Spinna and Kohji got a lot of heavy stuff that day too. Nothing i saw was less than vg++.

nothing thrashed at all... I got "hector" and "last night changed it all." I'd be willing to bet that at least one of them got used on UBBs. Spinna and Kohji got a lot of heavy stuff that day too. Nothing i saw was less than vg++.

Oh word? I heard that the records were pretty well used. That must have been the tail end of it then.

• i have prince's g-string underware autographed to me " SEXY MF I LUV U AP I WOULD DIE FOR U " they smell like musk and there is a couple of small pubes stuck in crotch area.

i have prince's g-string underware autographed to me " SEXY MF I LUV U AP I WOULD DIE FOR U " they smell like musk and there is a couple of small pubes stuck in crotch area.

I heard that there was "Cream".

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i have prince's g-string underware autographed to me " SEXY MF I LUV U AP I WOULD DIE FOR U " they smell like musk and there is a couple of small pubes stuck in crotch area.

im eating...

TWENTY TWO POSITIONS IN A ONE NIGHT STAND

• I HAVE ERIC CLAPTONS BALLSAC

Are you holding it for ransom?

• I CAPTURES GEORGE MICAHEL FART IN A BAG

BIOTERROR ALERT

THAT WAS YOU IN THE OUTHOUSE???

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I think mikefreedomrock has Brucie B's copy of Live Convention.

• no i'm georges micheal.

• If I would be your father I could be proud of you.

DONT LET THE SON GO DOWN ON ME

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,900 Posts
    I HAVE ERIC CLAPTONS BALLSAC

I HAVE ERIC CLAPTONS BALLSAC

This is the best shit ever!!!!