Hey Canadians

twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
What the hell is up with not being able to buy beer at a goddamn 7-Eleven? I really don't want to resort to the crappy Molson's in the mini-bar, but F*ck it. What else can I do?

Comments

• you need after-hours beer delivery my friend; the one here in vancouver is called the midnight express i think. what city are you in?

you can also try calling a food delivery place and offer to tip them real nice.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    here in quebec beer is in convenience stores but up until 11pm
    ion ontrario its a whole different story

• pppppppp 261 Posts
    After hours delivery service is NAGL in Ontario - unless you like paying $50 for a 24. Quebec has it right - you can get beer in the depaneurs up til 11pm, but all our alcohol stores in Ontario are govt run so they close at wiener hours like 8pm - pretty stupid.

The only mediocre place to get booze when you're out past 2am is Lucky Dragon in Chinatown. Ask for 'cold tea'.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I'm in Vancouver, so if I'm in the same pickle tonight, I'll call that delivery service. I got nothing but blank stares last night asking around different spots for beer, until finally one guy was like, "Where are you from? It's illegal to sell beer in grocery stores!" British Columbians must go nuts when they get to California and see liquor in supermarkets.

• akaaka 67 Posts
    BC has some private liquor stores (downtown Victoria that's all we've got), but I have no idea what time they close. Ontario where I'm from originally, all we have is the government run joints but some stay open until midnight. Your best bet is to plan ahead; there's a liquor store on Alberni near Burrard (near the Fairmont Vancouver) or check for more here: http://www.bcliquorstores.com/en/storelocations?region=Lower+Mainland&location=Vancouver+-+Downtown

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Big thanks to Fishmonger, not just for the beer tips, but for the spot-on record and food tips too. Sorry we didn't get to catch a drink tonight and good luck with the new job!