What's your side gig for making money?

GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
With these hard economic times upon us, I was wondering what people do on the side (or up front, for those without a 9-5) to make money. What do you do? How much time does it take? What do you make from it? How's business been lately?Its always interesting to see what people are up to.And if you're doing something super-top-secret, feel free to be as generic as you need to be.

Comments

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Rick Ross's day planner replicates mine.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Ha, well I'm all for that... all though perhaps I should've titled the post WHAT'S YOUR HUSTLE :P

My friend walks around the city and picks up discarded treasure on trash nights. He's gotten:
    Gold and Platinum RIAA record awards
    Records
    Autographs
    Gold and silver coins
    Antique coins
    Signed art
    Antique furniture
    Cds
    DVDS
    VHS
    and never has to buy a pen or a piece of paper in his lifetime.

• cadeauxcadeaux 208 Posts
    My friend walks around the city and picks up
    Gold and Platinum
    and never has to buy a pen or a piece of paper in his lifetime.

• ballinnnballinnn 25 Posts
    slanging rocks non stop non stop on yo block

• dayday 9,611 Posts

get fucked.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    I do computer/network consulting when I need extra cash.

• CBearCBear 902 Posts
    Wedding photography.
    Buying and selling motorcycles/scooters.

Specialized knowledge in fields where a lot of money changes hands is where it's at.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Cashing in my change bucket at the Coinstar machine.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    Anybody here ever try reselling old records?

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts

Do people still buy those things?

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts

What? Like old Elvis records or something? Hmmmm...

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    I'm just a gigolo, and everywhere I go people know the part I'm playing.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i fix turntables/mixers/sound gear for bars and nightclubs. it's not something i can rely upon for steady income though.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I had a nice ebay hustle selling Drank...but I guess their distribution has improved as the market has kinda dried up on ebay...I was selling about $700 worth of the stuff a month. The best hustle was selling it by the case, I would sell it for buy it now, $110. As soon as I got the paypal payment, I would just click my way over to the drank website where you could have a case sent anywhere in the US for $55. Easy money.

People wised up and I just started selling 3 packs for $12, that went well for a few months, but I havent sold any in a month or so...

so, Im back to record slangin'

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I'm just a gigolo, and everywhere I go people know the part I'm playing.

I got your new avatar all ready.

• Options
    Sell bikes, these are always available at garage sales so I keep up on that.

Gardening (including mushrooms), the shorter the shelf life something has the more demand there will be for it fresh from your garden! +

Tutor/Baby Sitter/Driver, parents that need help.

Sell candy for $0.50 to everyone not already smiling :-) --

lata,
    lilmonstu

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    I had a nice ebay hustle selling Drank...but I guess their distribution has improved as the market has kinda dried up on ebay...I was selling about $700 worth of the stuff a month. The best hustle was selling it by the case, I would sell it for buy it now, $110. As soon as I got the paypal payment, I would just click my way over to the drank website where you could have a case sent anywhere in the US for $55. Easy money.

People wised up and I just started selling 3 packs for $12, that went well for a few months, but I havent sold any in a month or so...

I went to the product site...is that a joke? Seriously?

Sell bikes, these are always available at garage sales so I keep up on that.

Gardening (including mushrooms), the shorter the shelf life something has the more demand there will be for it fresh from your garden! +

Tutor/Baby Sitter/Driver, parents that need help.

Sell candy for $0.50 to everyone not already smiling :-) --

lata,
    lilmonstu

Hopefully you're not tutoring in English or "Logic."

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

get fucked.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts

I went to the product site...is that a joke? Seriously?

I hope so, its awesome.

It's like a real life "work from home, hold no inventory, get rich quick" scheme. Very impressive.

• ballinnnballinnn 25 Posts

get fucked.

yall dont ride for project pat? i assume get fucked is some kind of insult?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    got me a job in a record store....