LIVE Eddie Bo Block Party tribute w/ Brice NOW

SurrealistSurrealist 218 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Friends, please tune into WWOZ.ORG now to listen to my friend Brice's Block Party tribute to the late great Eddie Bo (Edwin Bocage). I just started listening to it, and there is about an hour and a half left in the show - All Eddie Bo tunes/productions, nothing else. Brice was really hit hard, and he's the one who wrote the article about Eddie Bo for Waxpoetics. He's only playing 45s, no reissues. There was some banter about Eddie Bo fishing with Irma Thomas - I'm sure there will be lots of anecdotes. So far, this is an amazing show. Check it out, people!http://www.wwoz.org

Comments

• DO IT PEOPLE !!

If I had time to listen for an hour, I'd be all over this

BRICE IS NICE!!!!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    brice is my homie!
    is soulsister on the show too? hope so

• No, she has her own show right after Brice's. His show is every sat. 6-8 CST and the SS show is 8-10 CST. They both did a great job, and they both played David Robinson's "I'm A Carpenter" - that was real nice. She had Eddie Bo's son on the show also. Brice played "Jockey Ride" and a lot of other great 45s. Check out the "In the Basement" show on Wednesday. That one is from Memphis, Tennessee - it's an amazing show hosted by Eric and Andrew (I think). Forgot the name of the station, but I just love that show. I'm sure Eric has every major Eddie Bo record ever pressed so hopefully he will do a show soon...