Weekend finds

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
Didn't see a thread for this weekend so I guess I'll start..Had a pretty decent weekend. Got some stuff that I can't seem to find any info about anywhere, which I suppose is a good thing.Can't seem to find any info online about the bottom 2, "Y Todo Jarcha" on Novola and "Venezuela en el Cuatro de Fredy Reyna" on Alcasa.The bottom left "Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation" record is a blues/rock LP all the way through, except for one track that sounds completely out of place with a crazy funky drum break intro I'll have to post later.

Comments

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Repost:

A mix of real world/ebay/strut

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

What's up with that pressing of Curtis Live?

Is it an import or a later press?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

The label is "Academy Record Company of Seoul Korea". I'm assuming its not a legitimate pressing.. looks to be early to mid-70s (thin monochrome cover style).

• spivyspivy 866 Posts

The label is "Academy Record Company of Seoul Korea". I'm assuming its not a legitimate pressing.. looks to be early to mid-70s (thin monochrome cover style).

i once owned a copy of maggot brain that also had that low budget-blue/white-bootleg copy looking cover. also from south korea. lousy pressing with poor sound quality. kinda cool to think that peeps were bumping maggot brain in korea though.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    korean records just look like that. its either totally legit, or every south korean record ive ever owned was some shitty bootleg and i never considered it before...

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts
    Spent some eight hours on the fleamarket yesterday. Some decent finds. I'm too lazy for uploading any pics.

LPs:

Hildegard Knef - Ich seh die Welt durch deine Augen[/b]
    George Duke - Reach For It[/b]
    SOS Band - Just The Way You Like It[/b]
    Material - One Down[/b]
    Sharon Redd - Love How You Feel[/b]
    Hank Jones & Oliver Nelson - Happenings[/b] (Cover Missing)
    Bob Mount - Philly Sound[/b] (actually a german exploitation record as a certain Milos Vokurka wrote every of these Philly tracks)
    Special Ed - Youngest In Charge[/b]
    Donald D - Notorious[/b]
    Moritz Bantlin - s/t[/b] (very dark songwriting about death, cancer, homosexuality...strange album)
    Selected Sound 7 - Roalnd Kovac - Soft Piano[/b]
    Selected Sound 8 - Bob Elger/Delle Haensch - Moto-Cross/Flight By Jet[/b]
    Selected Sound 5 - Roland Kovac/Bob Elger - Night Drive/Strange World[/b]
    Selected Sound 44 - Ernie Quelle/Rolf K??hn/Delle Haensch - Funny People[/b]
    Rah Band - The Crunch And Beyond[/b]
    Tribes Of Da Underground 2[/b] (a 1995 compilation with downbeat stuff - Beanfield, Moloko, Tosca, Deadbeats, DJ Food...)
    + lots of spoken word, instructional, audiodrama

12":
    Munk vs. Princess Supastah - Mein Schatzi[/b]
    Tom Tom Club - Wordy Rappinghood[/b]
    Gary Byrd - The Crown[/b]

45s:

Buddy Miles - Them Changes/Midnight Rider[/b]
    One Way - Pull Fancy Dancer/Pull Pt.1 & 2[/b]
    Nadja Naidenow - Immer die duften Typen[/b]
    Bill Summers & Summers Heat - Throw Down/Give Your Love To Me[/b]
    Stix Hooper - I Touched A Dream/Gimme Some Space[/b]
    Dillinger - Cokane In My Brain/C.B. 200[/b]
    Skyy - Call Me/When You Touch Me[/b]
    Don Adams - I Can't Stand Living/That Feeling Is Gone[/b]
    Compression - Heavy Load/Get it Together[/b] (labeled T.S.O.M. which stands for "The Sound Of Munich")
    Orchester Les Searle - Kick Off/Kicker Tango[/b]
    Plastic Zoo (Harry Winkler) - Jungle Concerto/Sunday Serenade[/b] (really strange 80s disco with midi-animal voices)
    Wolf Berger Party Band - Flying Through The Air/Atlantis[/b]
    Fred Wesley & the JBs - Damn Right I Am Somebody Pt.1 & 2[/b]
    B.T. Express - Give Up The Funk (Let's Dance)/Heart Of Fire[/b]
    Harvey Mason - Pack Up Your Bags/Space Cadets[/b]
    Detroit Emeralds - What's The Deal/Let's Get Together[/b]
    Black Gorilla - Gimme Dat Banana/Funky Jungle[/b]
    Jean Thom??/Jochen Brauer - Die Idee ist gut/Und sowas l??uft noch frei herum[/b]
    Alla/The Allstars - Babylon A Fight Rasta Man/Rasta Dub[/b]
    Kenan Isler - Bulaman Ben Senin Gibi/Seni Resmen Seviyorum[/b]
    Latimore - Let'S Straighten It Out/Ain't Nobody Gonna Make Me Change My Mind[/b]
    + some spoken word, promotion, weird...

Total 35 Euros.

• disco_chedisco_che 1,115 Posts

Sun is shining right now, winter's over and this is exactly what I like to hear today.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    got one of these for a buck

and dude threw in this semi-turd in for free

got this elsewhere cheap

wow. thats tiny. B+ b-beat classic....dope sessomatto related butttter

oooh also got a mint copy of

and this grail

theres this weird kid (Dante, i think) who frequents philly record shows and stores and looks exclusively for sesame street records. one day i asked him waht the deal was and he was very autistically eloquent about being a completionist. he banged out a want list for me in a matter of minutes and ive been on the lookout. this was one of them. dante, holler at me dude!!!!

for the record, here's the rest of his wantlist...

RAER!!!

• A local University is slowing getting rid of their entire library, for FREE! So far 98% of it is classical, but my brother and I found some good ones. Most the Jazz is from a different trade.

Reposted:

December's Children- ST
    Grateful Dead- Aoxomoxoa
    Stanley Steamer- ST
    Stone Country- ST
    Redeye- ST
    Harry Chapin- Short Stories
    Lenny Dee- Easy Lovin'
    Eddie "Cleanhead" Vinson
    Mtume- Juicy Fruit
    Odetta and the Blues
    Chappell- Dance and Mood Music (Jean-Claude Petit)
    Brian Auger's Oblivion Express- Closer to It

Herbie Hancock- Speak Like a Child
    Stanley Cowell- Musa
    Woody Herman- 1964
    Herbie Hancock- Crossings
    Stanley Cowell- Equipoise
    Les McCann- Invitation to Openness
    Horace Silver- 27th Man
    Horace Silver- Song for my Father
    Herbie Hancock- Maiden Voyage
    Les McCann Eddie Harris- Swiss Movement
    Bob Brookmeyer and Friends
    Horace Silver- Total Response

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    the Grin and Giggle Sesame Street record is hard to get. ive been collecting sesame street records for years and never come across that. i just upgraded my Big Bird teaches you how to go to school LP at the last KUSF.

...and tony, those are NOT hard sesame st recs to get. stop making fun of me... i might cry and tell the teacher youre being mean.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts

RAER!!!

My daughter is holding this one, I don't think she's coming off it though.
    I found a Roosevelt Franklin last week, that's the Sesame joint!

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts

RAER!!!

My daughter is holding this one, I don't think she's coming off it though.
    I found a Roosevelt Franklin last week, that's the Sesame joint!

i have deep sesame crates and ive never found sleepytime bird, its got to be a tuff sesame pull. oscar the grouch is probably holding a box of sealed old store stock in his trash can, but hes not letting go of em!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    I had Ernie's Hits. Dunno if I dollar binned it or not tho.

I had Ernie's Hits. Dunno if I dollar binned it or not tho.

• DustedDonDustedDon 830 Posts
    isaac hayes - truck turner
    bobby caldwell - bobby caldwell
    idris muhammead - boogie to the top
    the jimmy castor bunch - butt of course
    the jimmy castor bunch - the everything man
    santana - abraxas (quadraphonic w/poster)
    herbie hancock - crossings
    gato barbieri - under fire
    ornette coleman - twins

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    Thanks to Tripledouble for making this an entertaining finds thread with the sesame street raer.

• stuff from the last week or so, including a trip to Frome and up to popping in a charity shop this morning to pick up the Tom JonesLP:

MISSA LUBA (congolese mass - i'm sure many here know this as the music in the film "if". a lovely listen)
    TURTLES - "battle of the bands" (never heard this one before -- bonkers with many funky bits and good drums)
    BULLDOG - "smasher" (mostly naff, but ahs a cople of cool glam-sounding bits. both with massive drums)
    TOM JONES - "live" (been looking for this in charity shops for a while now, excellent version of "shake")
    HUDSON MOHAWKE - "polyfolk dance" (picked it up to see what the fuss was about - noithing special to my ears)
    NEIL YOUNG - "where the buffalo roam" OST (some interesting bits- mainly picked to fill in my Mr Young collection)
    BLUE OYSTER CULT (finally. been on the lookout for it for ages - -savage havy rock!!! "cities on flame with rock and roll"!!!)

plus some random 45's:

CHICO MAGNETIC BAND - "my sorrow" (very pleased to have this in the collection. great double sider)
    DIA PROMETIDO - "hey al-lah" (love the a side. middle eastern funk with massive drums)
    GROUNDHOGS - "split 2 + 3" (didnt knoiw this 45 excisted! my fav tune on the LP on a handy DJ-friendly 45)
    ANTOINE ep (some fun stufff on here)
    DIA PROMETIDO - "persepolis" (picked this up from the same seller as the other for cheap. don't really like this one thouhg)
    SILICON TEENS - "let's dance" (stupid new wave version of the chris montez tune)
    SMALL FACES - "my minds eye" (amazing b-side!!)
    TELEVISION - "little johnny jewel" (brilliant post-punk stuff. recomendations of stuff that sounds like this?)
    HATFIELD & THE NORTH - "let's eat" (finally got this on 45 - -absolutley love this tune. cantebury perfection)

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I'm a CTW completest. Got 'em filed by catalog number. I also ride for related projects: TMS and FR.

U DONT WANNA TET MY HENSON!

I'm a CTW completest. Got 'em filed by catalog number. I also ride for related projects: TMS and FR.

ummm.
    tms= the muppet show?
    fr= fraggle rock???

???

pics or youre lying

heres more of that hotness

anyone got anything with sg? (cough, supergrover)

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts

In what genera are you not a completest? I'm guessing that would be the shorter list of generas.

In what genera are you not a completest? I'm guessing that would be the shorter list of generas.

Unfortunately, I've completed some of the areas were I am a completest. So I have to move on. It's bitter sweet.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    just found one out in the field to take home with me...killer ballad (apparently a classic among low-rider soul heads) with a really cool left field uptempo R&B cut on the flip

such a dope cover.

message to grover, if youre so proud, speak the F*ck up with your little ass word bubbles and shit

looks like spittle flying out his mouth

• minimini 879 Posts

The McCoys: Jesse Brady/ Resurrection
    East L.A. Car Pool: Like They Say In L.A./ Linda Chicana
    Timmy Thomas: Rainbow Power/ People Are Changin
    Olympic Runners: Drag It Over Here Stereo/ Mono
    The Jimmy Castor Bunch Troglodyte (Cave Man)/ I Promise To Remember
    Sly & The Family Stone: Family Affair/ Luv N??Haight