Albuquerque: what's up?

akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
edited March 2009 in Strut Central
after about a month of traveling, i've settled and gotten a house in Albuquerque. nice vibes, super chill, warm...and very moped friendly.whats going on? many strutters in the area? we should hang out while i'm still jobless. plus i bought some records i havent had a chance to listen to yet (including some sealed shit that got WET in my car that im f*cking bummed about..

Comments

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    ako...you gotta hit the hotsprings that arent too far out of town. new mexico is one of the coolest states in the nation. definitely check out "city of rocks" with a friend on a full moon.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    thanks for the tip dude. theres a lot of exploring to be done and i live here with my best friend, so we'll definitely check out the city of rocks.

digging here has been ok so far...seems to be some untapped resources though i havent checked out yet.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    ako...you gotta hit the hotsprings that arent too far out of town. new mexico is one of the coolest states in the nation. definitely check out "city of rocks" with a friend on a full moon.

Are you SURE it's in New Mex, T*ny?! You thought you met me in Albuquerque, 'member??

Ako, I believe Ayratollah77 is in ABQ too. And there may be one or two Santa Fe 'Strutters as well.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Such a great state and I want to go back badly. I never really searched for records for the time I was there. Check out El Santuario de Chimayo if you're religious or not. Its probably about an hour/hour & a half drive from Albuquerque. Many people travel there during Holy Week and claim to be healed of diseases due to it apparently being built on holy ground. Interesting place. Saw some real serious people there when my friends and I visited.

Interesting place

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

Are you SURE it's in New Mex, T*ny?! You thought you met me in Albuquerque, 'member??

Ako, I believe Ayratollah77 is in ABQ too. And there may be one or two Santa Fe 'Strutters as well.

ahem

and no Ayratollah is in Santa Fe...if he's in the country at all.

hit me up on the PM ako if you want I'll be around on sat with the baby, feel free to swing through.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    might be the only chance to ever quote this, so here it is:

Hot dog, jumping frog, albuquerque
    Hot dog, jumping frog, albuquerque

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Green Chile Stew at Los Cuates

those cliff dwellings a step outside of town are next level

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    Visit Acoma - Sky City - north about an hour north of burque', and invest your
    time in eating fry bread with honey. I heart NM, awesome country, the New Mexico indians say the same about Kentucky as I do about their state.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Hit up meatyogre over and his record store over in Arizona sometime.

Green Chile Stew at Los Cuates

what you know bout Los Cuates? lol

their salsa is gooooood. sweet and hot.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    It is where Bugs Bunny was supposed to take a left.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    been trying to get your F*cking attention on moped army. im in santa fe. PM or some shit.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

their salsa is gooooood. sweet and hot.

^^^SAYS THE SAME THING ABOUT THEIR WAITERS^^^

Ako, make sure you get a sweet roll from Frontier!

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    new mexico is such a beautiful place. my girlfriends grandparents live in abq so i've gone out there to visit with her a few times. was there back in november and found some dope records. most notably the brothers by choice lp on ala for 3 bucks and the dope willie and the bumblees lp out of a dollar bin in taos. you should most definately roll up to taos. great little town. our car broke down and we ended in the coolest towtruck ever. driver busted out a bag of mexi , rolled a big spliff, blazed it on the drive back to abq with us then threw me a handful for nada. ill state.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    Is RIP one still in Albuquerque?

dude had that town on lock

yo symin, we're planning to ride down to santa fe when the weather gets consistently 70+ and when our bikes have brakes. hahaha. i'll get in touch with you dude.

daze, i'll be around tomorrow, i'll PM you and maybe we can kick it.

thanks everybody, i'm pretty sure i made the right choice moving here. for SURE.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    sounds good man. ill try to let you know next time ill be in Albuquerque. i got a thrift store loop. you probably know about em by now though. ive found most of the record stores are pretty bammer. there is the record show this sunday too. if you dont know about it email or call me and i can let you know.

ohhh shitttt i love record shows. its been years. if only i had money right now...

you gotta spend money to make money, homie

• TahneeTahnee 46 Posts
    Record Convention @ MCM Elegante Hotel
    2020 Menaul NE (Menaul & University) - Hotel Ballroom
    Sunday - March 22, 2009
    9 am to 5 pm

btw, krazy kat records is closed. they were a long time staple around here for used vinyl. i heard they still might be putting out parts of their collection at indoor flea markets & antique stores around town. i need to get the updated news on that.

the regular weekend outdoor flea market at the fairgrounds is a good place to hit up.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    you should hit up the show without money. its a good spot to meet people. i was trying to have a table there but im leaving for belize for a week on saturday.

• discos_almadiscos_alma discos_alma 2,164 Posts
    Ouch. I'm in the Burque sunport right now bout to head back to Oakland. Had no clue about that record show.

I came up huge last fall when in the city, but only bought like three records on this trip.

The antique shops on North 4th st were VERY good to me last time. And you can stop by the tortilla factory on the way out for some stuffed sopapillas.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    I'm in SF as well--holla if you're downtown here.